Has anyone worked with Tardus Wealth Strategies?

Has anyone worked with Tardus Wealth Strategies?

Rental Property Investor · Billerica, MA · Member since 2022 · 30 posts · 27 votes

Hello BiggerPockets members. Love his community. 

Have anyone of you hired Tardus for wealth coaching? They are the creators of the Income Snowball (i.e. Income Snowball, a system of investing in which a person can create self-sustaining passive income). I'm looking to find unbiased reviews of their service.

Thanks!

18Reply
1,706 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 34 votes
4y
Quote from @Jorge Borges:

Hello BiggerPockets members. Love his community. 

Have anyone of you hired Tardus for wealth coaching? They are the creators of the Income Snowball (i.e. Income Snowball, a system of investing in which a person can create self-sustaining passive income). I'm looking to find unbiased reviews of their service.

Thanks!


 Hey Jorge,

I'm a Tardus client since April of 2022 and I'll BLUF this, bottom line up front, for you. Absolutely worth it. Their fee, 5k. I'm projected to get 18% of Cash on Cash return after my first year. I'm fully committed in getting to a finical freedom date in 10 years or less. Meaning I've redirected 90% of my current retirement saving into this new way of building assets.

Now for the why. My finical journey started in Nov of 2021 when I finished reading Rich Dad Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki. That changed my whole mindset on how I looked at money and what I was doing. I am your typical white collar, white male, upper middle class who works in tech. I'm a saver, which Kiyosaki calls losers. That lead me to talking to a co-worker who introduced me to CFT, Cash flow tactics.

Now I spent $500 on CFT, and I walked away from that company because the message was we've all been lied to. I felt they lean on 'fear' marketing a bit to much. Main message is the accumulation method, ie 401k, is all a lie and doesn't work. It does work, many people have retired from this method, but it takes 40+ years and its main stream and, in my opinion, what I think is the easy path. But what I walked away from CFT was 2 things. 

First CFT showed me that I can 'retire' by replacing my income in a passive manner. They are big Kiyosaki fans. They showed me the 'how' to do what Kiyosaki talked about. Where as Robert, only talked about they What. I didn't understand just from reading Rich Dad Poor Dad, on how to do what he talked about, CFT provided that education.

Secondly, I was introduced to the 'Vault' by CFT. A place to store your money where it can be safe, reduce risk, grow tax free, and be highly leverage. This Vault I come to find is also called, IBC, Infinity banking concept. Thus lead me down another rabbit whole. 

I spent a couple months reading and learning about IBC, which requires a whole life insurance policy. If you want to learn more, I would recommend the following reading: The AND Asset, and Becoming your own Banking. The first is a great intro, persuasive  book, and outlines why IBC is a good thing. Becoming your own banking, is written by the man who's credited in coming up with the Infinity Banking Concept, Nelson Nash. He dives deep into it but can be a bit dry. This gave me the understanding of how to use leverage or OPM, other peoples money. This gave me a tool to utilize, and dip into for down payments for rentals I was planning on buying. As suc in learning about this concept and understanding that I needed to replace my current income with Assets that can produce cash for me to replace my income, I become a BiggerPockets member to learn about how to buy Real Estate. 

I was planning to buy my first property in April of this year, 2022. In my education I came across a company, Rent2Retirement a turn key company. This was in March of 2022, 1 month before my deadline goal of buying a property. As such they had a YouTube podcast/video with a women named Tanisha from Tardus. I liked what I heard: A way to start building passive income to replace your current w-2 income with this thing called a Income Snowball. So I checked them out.

What I really liked was I didn't need to be sold on the concept of why to do this. But how they did it was honestly something I tried 9 years ago, becoming a lender. Where you invest and get your amortization principle and interest payments back on a monthly basis. But there is a very big difference from what I did in 2013, from what Tardus has taught me and that I'm doing now.   

In 2013 I invested in a company called Lending Tree, a peer2peer lending. Basically you invest 10k which buys you into about 300 different notes. Thus, decreasing your investment risk of a defaults because you're only putting in $25-50 per loan. But there are many other investment tools you can use. The key is Leverage and the amortization of payments coming back monthly, and/or quarterly at the latest.

For example, I'm leveraging lets say 12k from my HELOC (but once I get my IBC policy setup, I'll be using this) to put into a peer2peer lending, Prosper. This is giving me roughly $540 a month payment. This money is going back to pay back my HELOC loan. But I'm also putting in my own money to the HELOC, $2400 a month. So that's $2940 to pay back the 12k. That's going to take ~4 months. Once that is done we do it again. Giving a new monthly payment of $540 that goes back to paying off the HELOC which speeds up the process. It Snowballs on the repayments. And their 'system' the patent is the key on how/where to start and when to increase these amounts over time. Not only that, but it's this new way of thinking, they are retraining me on really how to do what I read by Kiyosaki. I just bought a car, so now how do I go about the best way utilizing these 'assets' I've bought/invested into to pay for this car? They have thought me how to go about this while continuing to snowball my way to finical freedom. And this includes buying real estate next year. After I get my base, what they call fast burning fuel (these peer2peer loans), started. Because then I'll be doing larger amounts which I can put towards down payments for homes.

Conclusion, Tardus truly gave me a way to not be overwhelmed with trying to buy 15+ rentals to get to finical freedom, but gave me a greater understanding how to put everything I was learning together. Now I'm building my initial passive income streams from an easier standpoint with amortization lending, understanding how to let my assets buy my liabilities, and how to grow into adding rentals later, or other type of investments. Because there isn't just one way, there are many ways, and they are helping me find what works for me. My only wish at times, and honestly in the first couple months, I wanted to meet more with my success coach because I'm a bit impatient. But now I think I've overcome some of my 'unknowns' and I'm getting into a groove. They have weekly group meetings you can attended but you'll have to ask general questions, nothing specific to your use case. They also have a ton of resources you have access to once you sign up. 

Hope this helps you and others.

See this reply in the discussion

150 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 61 votes
    4y

    I found Tardus through rent to retirement podcast last year. I have been a member for 5 month and have nothing but great things to say about them. One of best financial decisions I’ve made. Tanisha is the creater of the income snowball which is a patented system (you can look up the patent online) that allows you to create passive income from leveraging debt in form of credit lines. Would def recommend a presentation (free of charge) from on of the tardus coaches to see how the system works. 

  • Member since 2021 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    4y

    Has anyone with Tardus tried investing in real estate with the strategy they recommend from the very beginning of the investment? How has that turned out? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2018 · 844 posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Don Konipol:
    Quote from @Jorge Borges:

    Hello BiggerPockets members. Love his community. 

    Have anyone of you hired Tardus for wealth coaching? They are the creators of the Income Snowball (i.e. Income Snowball, a system of investing in which a person can create self-sustaining passive income). I'm looking to find unbiased reviews of their service.

    Thanks!


     Just looked at their website.  I don’t see anything glaringly wrong with their concept but 2 things have caused a red light.  1. Continual use of buzz words to describe their concepts and 2. Claim that their financial wealth consulting offers concepts only they provide.  That claim can not be even remotely true.  They seem to be a financial planning company with a bend to aggressive investing in alternative assets.  But if they just said that they wouldn’t appear unique.  
    There’s been a lot of “dumbing down” of financial services and coaching in the last 5 years.  The results are people who don’t know that their stock picks can go down as well as up; who think that the ‘stock market” guarantees a 15% annual yield; who don’t have any concept of risk, or it’s relationship with return; and who believe that the intrinsic value of an investment is somehow directly related to its last 12 month pricing movement.  When the next down market comes, it’s going to be brutal.  


    I skimmed through it .. basically they are saying take a loan on your house  then loan that money to a credit worthy company/individual and make the delta just like any lender in the US that uses OPM to lend to others and make the delta.. although they talk about a sweep account so if your on top of it you can knock down your interest quicker than doing it manually.

    the real question is who are these credit worthy partners to lend to.. this could go turtle very easy ..  you borrow on your house lend to another and they default your now are fubared.

    Agreed, nothing new. It's just packaged fancier and marketed in a way that makes it more compelling to folks who might not realize that people have been doing this for a very long time. And I don't know if anyone recalls, but there were a good amount of financial planners before the GFC hit that were actively recruiting salespeople to pitch this strategy (i.e., refinance/heloc your primary to invest in other stuff). Things are different now and we certainly aren't in anywhere near the same situation as 2005, but it's interesting how a similar environment of sustained prosperity makes the exact same kind of "new and innovative strategy" companies pop up.

    And based on the responses I'm seeing, I'm sure these guys do a bang-up job of selling their strategy and motivating their clients...not a bad thing at all if it leads to a change in their mindset about money and how to build wealth.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2018 · 844 posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kevin Chhorr:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Don Konipol:
    Quote from @Jorge Borges:

    Hello BiggerPockets members. Love his community. 

    Have anyone of you hired Tardus for wealth coaching? They are the creators of the Income Snowball (i.e. Income Snowball, a system of investing in which a person can create self-sustaining passive income). I'm looking to find unbiased reviews of their service.

    Thanks!


     Just looked at their website.  I don’t see anything glaringly wrong with their concept but 2 things have caused a red light.  1. Continual use of buzz words to describe their concepts and 2. Claim that their financial wealth consulting offers concepts only they provide.  That claim can not be even remotely true.  They seem to be a financial planning company with a bend to aggressive investing in alternative assets.  But if they just said that they wouldn’t appear unique.  
    There’s been a lot of “dumbing down” of financial services and coaching in the last 5 years.  The results are people who don’t know that their stock picks can go down as well as up; who think that the ‘stock market” guarantees a 15% annual yield; who don’t have any concept of risk, or it’s relationship with return; and who believe that the intrinsic value of an investment is somehow directly related to its last 12 month pricing movement.  When the next down market comes, it’s going to be brutal.  


    I skimmed through it .. basically they are saying take a loan on your house  then loan that money to a credit worthy company/individual and make the delta just like any lender in the US that uses OPM to lend to others and make the delta.. although they talk about a sweep account so if your on top of it you can knock down your interest quicker than doing it manually.

    the real question is who are these credit worthy partners to lend to.. this could go turtle very easy ..  you borrow on your house lend to another and they default your now are fubared.

    I was listening to their videos.  They make it so simple, like all the loan they lend out on prosper will not default. Their program depend on everyone you lending to on prosper or other P2P lending platform won't DEFAULT.  Thats very highly unlikely. 


    Agree 100%. As a former fund accountant for various lending platforms, it's foolish to think that loans made on Upstart, Prosper, LendingClub etc, will not default. I have first-hand knowledge that they do in fact, default....and an impaired asset is a PITA from an accounting perspective. My recommendation would be to invest with an asset manager such as Theorem LP who runs a portfolio consisting of thousands of these loans. Under this kind of set-up, a default will have minimal effect.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lindsie Akers:
    Quote from @Heidi Backer:
    Quote from @Davis Hanai:

    Tardus is legit.  I think the patent Tanisha received is well worth the effort.  Yes it costs money for the coaching, but the typical investor would take decades of trial and error of other investing techniques and would probably never arrive a systematic way of approaching investing for cashflow as is created with the income snowball.  Most from the BP community understand wealth is not created by just saving and investing (e.g. traditional 401K) unless you are able to start very young and just do it consistently for 30-40 yrs.  Real wealth creating by using leverage (not debt) appropriately.  The BP community of course naturally gravitates to fixed rate long-term debt on real assets as probably the safest way to use leverage to build wealth.  Short term leverage inherently increases our risk.  E.g. if you use margin or options, bridge loans with 1yr balloon payments, etc.... this can be very risky.

    One of the biggest value-ads for Tardus is it teaches you a system on how to analyze investment opportunities and use short-term leverage in a risk mitigated and consistent matter.  To reiterate, Tardus is not a wealth management company...they don't invest your money...you are the one who retains control.  Tardus is a wealth coaching company.  They teach you the systematic way to invest and how to analyze investments for a cash flow mindset.  It is very algorithmic-ly dictated based on and numbers and percentages.  Any "spreadsheet freaks" out there are gonna be amazed when you dig deep into crunching the numbers.  So in my opinion, it teaches me how to use short-term leverage to build an income snowball...then once I get an efficient and ever-increasing machine...I pivot that into getting more long-term assets (using safe, long-term leverage).  Using the short and long-term leverage accelerates my TIME FREEDOM date.  

    They have a bunch of free videos out there related to the Income Snowball and their new partnership with rent-to-retirement, and a very savvy "numbers person" could probably surmise and re-create the system on their own if they really want to be cheap.  But why do that huge lift?  Just pay for the coaching, it will pay for itself eventually, you will get all the support you need to be successful and join a lively community of like-minded individuals all trying to help each other succeed. You are sum total of the people you surround yourself with.

    I am a Tardus paying client, none of us that recently posted get any sort of kickback or referral fee for talking about our experiences on BP (although I do believe there is a referral bonus if you refer a new client...but it is nominal enough that no one is trying to bring in new members soley for this bonus).  In our closed group, it was just mentioned that this forum thread was discovered and that everyone responding were just speculating with no actual clients commenting. A request for honest feedback was requested and within the matter of hours/days, many of us were willing to comment.  I think that goes a lot to show you how engaged Tardus clients are.  Yes, we pay a fee for the coaching, that many of us feel is fully worth the cost, maybe having "skin-in-game" makes us more likely to take action and be excited about the company, but that is for you to decide.  I am pretty sure they give free consultations to explore your financial position and current cashflow, to see how Tardus could be of help to you and if they would be a good fit for achieving your goals.


    I have been looking at Tardus and one of my primary questions is how they identify "fast burning" vs "Slow burning" fuel. For fast burning, you need to find an investment with 30-50% cash on cash returns - that is where I am skeptical - I have already invested in many of the vehicles they suggest and have not seen that kind of return (or it involves more risk). Since you retain control of your money, how does one consistently maintain 30-50% cash on cash return? 


    Hi Heidi, I'm not sure which investments you have tried yourself but I can let you know the ones I've tried personally with my snowball. 

    Peer to Peer lending (on Prosper) - Invested $10,000 initially - receive $320/month for 3 years. $320 x 12 months = $3,849/$10,000 initial investment = 38% CoC Return

    The Legacy Income Model (this is a product a financial planning firm created specifically for Tardus clients) - Invested $10,000 initially - receive $310/month for 3 years. $310 X 12 months = $3,720 in a year. $3,720/$10,000 initial investment = 37% CoC Return

    You can receive similar results with other investments that pay principal & interest. These can be things like mortgage notes, crypto loans, personal or business loans, some clients have even used MCA or their infinite banking policies. Tardus has hundreds of clients who are using the old "tried and true" methods that are extremely passive or finding new ones that require further due diligence. It's really up to the individual investor (and their coach who helps them create their criteria and decision-making process.) Tardus is "investment agnostic" - they're teaching the strategy, not affiliated with a specific type of investment.


     Sure it’s 37% of your cash back but 320x36 = 11,520 or 1,520 return on 10k after 3 years which is a single digit return rate and risky. With todays borrowing rates it’s inconsequential.

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 40 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Rocky Lalvani:
    Quote from @Lindsie Akers:
    Quote from @Heidi Backer:
    Quote from @Davis Hanai:

    Tardus is legit.  I think the patent Tanisha received is well worth the effort.  Yes it costs money for the coaching, but the typical investor would take decades of trial and error of other investing techniques and would probably never arrive a systematic way of approaching investing for cashflow as is created with the income snowball.  Most from the BP community understand wealth is not created by just saving and investing (e.g. traditional 401K) unless you are able to start very young and just do it consistently for 30-40 yrs.  Real wealth creating by using leverage (not debt) appropriately.  The BP community of course naturally gravitates to fixed rate long-term debt on real assets as probably the safest way to use leverage to build wealth.  Short term leverage inherently increases our risk.  E.g. if you use margin or options, bridge loans with 1yr balloon payments, etc.... this can be very risky.

    One of the biggest value-ads for Tardus is it teaches you a system on how to analyze investment opportunities and use short-term leverage in a risk mitigated and consistent matter.  To reiterate, Tardus is not a wealth management company...they don't invest your money...you are the one who retains control.  Tardus is a wealth coaching company.  They teach you the systematic way to invest and how to analyze investments for a cash flow mindset.  It is very algorithmic-ly dictated based on and numbers and percentages.  Any "spreadsheet freaks" out there are gonna be amazed when you dig deep into crunching the numbers.  So in my opinion, it teaches me how to use short-term leverage to build an income snowball...then once I get an efficient and ever-increasing machine...I pivot that into getting more long-term assets (using safe, long-term leverage).  Using the short and long-term leverage accelerates my TIME FREEDOM date.  

    They have a bunch of free videos out there related to the Income Snowball and their new partnership with rent-to-retirement, and a very savvy "numbers person" could probably surmise and re-create the system on their own if they really want to be cheap.  But why do that huge lift?  Just pay for the coaching, it will pay for itself eventually, you will get all the support you need to be successful and join a lively community of like-minded individuals all trying to help each other succeed. You are sum total of the people you surround yourself with.

    I am a Tardus paying client, none of us that recently posted get any sort of kickback or referral fee for talking about our experiences on BP (although I do believe there is a referral bonus if you refer a new client...but it is nominal enough that no one is trying to bring in new members soley for this bonus).  In our closed group, it was just mentioned that this forum thread was discovered and that everyone responding were just speculating with no actual clients commenting. A request for honest feedback was requested and within the matter of hours/days, many of us were willing to comment.  I think that goes a lot to show you how engaged Tardus clients are.  Yes, we pay a fee for the coaching, that many of us feel is fully worth the cost, maybe having "skin-in-game" makes us more likely to take action and be excited about the company, but that is for you to decide.  I am pretty sure they give free consultations to explore your financial position and current cashflow, to see how Tardus could be of help to you and if they would be a good fit for achieving your goals.


    I have been looking at Tardus and one of my primary questions is how they identify "fast burning" vs "Slow burning" fuel. For fast burning, you need to find an investment with 30-50% cash on cash returns - that is where I am skeptical - I have already invested in many of the vehicles they suggest and have not seen that kind of return (or it involves more risk). Since you retain control of your money, how does one consistently maintain 30-50% cash on cash return? 


    Hi Heidi, I'm not sure which investments you have tried yourself but I can let you know the ones I've tried personally with my snowball. 

    Peer to Peer lending (on Prosper) - Invested $10,000 initially - receive $320/month for 3 years. $320 x 12 months = $3,849/$10,000 initial investment = 38% CoC Return

    The Legacy Income Model (this is a product a financial planning firm created specifically for Tardus clients) - Invested $10,000 initially - receive $310/month for 3 years. $310 X 12 months = $3,720 in a year. $3,720/$10,000 initial investment = 37% CoC Return

    You can receive similar results with other investments that pay principal & interest. These can be things like mortgage notes, crypto loans, personal or business loans, some clients have even used MCA or their infinite banking policies. Tardus has hundreds of clients who are using the old "tried and true" methods that are extremely passive or finding new ones that require further due diligence. It's really up to the individual investor (and their coach who helps them create their criteria and decision-making process.) Tardus is "investment agnostic" - they're teaching the strategy, not affiliated with a specific type of investment.


     Sure it’s 37% of your cash back but 320x36 = 11,520 or 1,520 return on 10k after 3 years which is a single digit return rate and risky. With todays borrowing rates it’s inconsequential.


    Hi Rocky, the power isn't in the individual investment return (although obviously the higher, the better) but in the stacking of the monthly income combined with leverage. The high cash-on-cash return is important because it allows for a high monthly payment (from the return of the principal), which "fuels" the Income Snowball. It's not a substitute for a true return rate.

  • Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    I've been doing my due diligence on Tardus and really crunching out the numbers and strategies that they are promoting but I keep coming back to square 1.

    I would really love to hear from NJ based folks on this.....if I invest $10K (money I got from my HELOC) and the monthly payment I owe on that HELOC is $400/month (which includes principal and interest)... Who is giving me that $400 payment? I understand I'll be making much larger payments to quickly pay off the $10K but what happens when I pay off the $10k in 5 months or so?

    I keep reading that you proceed to do the same $10K investment all over again in order to snowball but what exactly are you snowballing? 

    Am I still receiving money from my initial $10K investment? If my HELOC loan is paid off in 6 months, am I still receiving those $400/month? Does this snowballing have an expiration? Let's say I do one $10k investment, will I receive my money for the rest of my life? Even if it's only $25 or whatever the amount is?

    Thank you to whoever answers this most complexed question asked so far in this forum regarding Tardus. 

  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 61 votes
    3y

    Hey, I am VIP Tardus member and I also live in New Jersey. The monthly income that you are getting from the investments are amortized and will expire in 2 or 3 years depending on the investment and your strategy which you will discuss with your Tardus coach. Once you pay of the 10K, you will use the 10 k again to fund the investment which in turn creates a 2nd layering of investment, thereby creating a larger cash on cash return. You will keep repeating this process and every time you reinvest your credit line, the return generated will grow exponentially due to the stacking effect of investments. At a certain point you will be able to use the passive income generated by the income snowball to start buy slow burning fuel ie downpayments on rental properties. During the time you are stacking investments you will be able to buy rental properties rather frequently and at certain point the system will be self sustaining, meaning you won’t need to fund the income snowball every month and will have a steady stream of monthly passive income for the rest of your life. I highly recommend Tardus. Book a intro call with them and one of Tardus coaches will describe how the system works.

  • Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    Thank you Georgy, that paints a much clearer picture for me.

    Essentially it behooves me to pay off my line of credit as fast as possible because the longer it takes, the more interest I'm paying which in turn eats up my total profit for that single investment.

    I did the math based off the following numbers. $10k line of credit at 8% , 10 year payback, $121/month payment. $1k personal cash flow after all bills/expenses paid.

    I invest $10k into whatever vehicle Tardus coaches me on. 3 year amortized schedule on let's say Prosper for example at 8%. Prosper will yield me approximately $313/month for 36 months yielding total payout of $11,281. 

    It will take me 8 months paying off my original $10k loan of 8% interest, for a total cost of $10,297. I essentially paid $297 in interest. (Assuming I'm making $1,313 monthly payments)

    However, my Prosper investment is yielding $1,281 over the course of 36 months(3 years).

    $1,281-$297 = $984 profit from my initial investment paid over a course of 36 months, pending no defaults from Prosper.

    Do I have it about right?

    Consultation scheduled for November, looking forward. 

  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 61 votes
    3y

    I wouldn't worry too much about the interest on the loan; it's the ROI you are getting from stacking of investments which makes the percent on the line of credit meaningless in the long scheme of things.

  • Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    Understood, thank you. 

  • Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    If I'll be contributing let's say $1K of my cash flow towards the LOC repayments and the goal in due time(i.e 3 years) is to get slow burning fuel of approx. $30K for a down payment. Wouldn't just simply saving my $1K for 3 years suffice also?

  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 61 votes
    3y

    Not entirely, if your saving 1 grand a month for a downpayment on property; your first property will be in three years and then you will have to save for another 3 years to buy a second property, so on and so forth.

    With the income snowball your first property will be in three years, however you will be able to buy your second property in just 4-5 months after your first rental and 3rd property 4-5 months after the second rental, so on and so forth. In other words, you’ll be able to scale your rental portfolio much more rapidly using income snowball which would not be possible if you were “saving” for each downpayment. Your able to do this because of all the monthly passive income you will have coming in from the short term amortized investments. If you watch Tanisha podcast on RTR, she shows how this is possible with the income snowball calculator. 

  • Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    Gotcha! Thank you Georgy! 

  • Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Daniel Araque:

    Thank you Georgy, that paints a much clearer picture for me.

    Essentially it behooves me to pay off my line of credit as fast as possible because the longer it takes, the more interest I'm paying which in turn eats up my total profit for that single investment.

    I did the math based off the following numbers. $10k line of credit at 8% , 10 year payback, $121/month payment. $1k personal cash flow after all bills/expenses paid.

    I invest $10k into whatever vehicle Tardus coaches me on. 3 year amortized schedule on let's say Prosper for example at 8%. Prosper will yield me approximately $313/month for 36 months yielding total payout of $11,281. 

    It will take me 8 months paying off my original $10k loan of 8% interest, for a total cost of $10,297. I essentially paid $297 in interest. (Assuming I'm making $1,313 monthly payments)

    However, my Prosper investment is yielding $1,281 over the course of 36 months(3 years).

    $1,281-$297 = $984 profit from my initial investment paid over a course of 36 months, pending no defaults from Prosper.

    Do I have it about right?

    Consultation scheduled for November, looking forward. 


    I had an initial consultation the other day where it was just a general meet/greet. I feel like your math is correct and thus coc return from your example of 984/3 years = 328 per year/10K initial investment. = 3.28%CoC (an extra 27.33 dollars per month)..but everyone is saying to not focus on that? Thats pretty low. Just learning here and would appreciate some insight from someone :) Thanks!

  • Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    I'm writing this in hopes that maybe Tardus leadership adjusts this.... I've been reading about Tardus clients and even the CEO saying that the interest rate you get on your LOC doesn't matter but I believe that it does matter, only when the interest rate gets too high.

    I received the password protected videos I was instructed to watch after booking my consultation. Without saying too much, the video uses a 24% interest rate on LOC. That is too high and after "reverse engineering" the calculations. I will not make all my money back that was contributed. I will be short by a couple hundred dollars.

    I believe the interest rate needs to be at a reasonable percentage. But 24% utilized in that video example is not good. 

  • Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Daniel Araque:

    I'm writing this in hopes that maybe Tardus leadership adjusts this.... I've been reading about Tardus clients and even the CEO saying that the interest rate you get on your LOC doesn't matter but I believe that it does matter, only when the interest rate gets too high.

    I received the password protected videos I was instructed to watch after booking my consultation. Without saying too much, the video uses a 24% interest rate on LOC. That is too high and after "reverse engineering" the calculations. I will not make all my money back that was contributed. I will be short by a couple hundred dollars.

    I believe the interest rate needs to be at a reasonable percentage. But 24% utilized in that video example is not good. 


     I haven't gotten to that point so unsure of the video, I have received a link to watching 5 videos one by one; and I do agree that the Interest rate of the loan matters; 

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2018 · 844 posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Daniel Araque:

    I'm writing this in hopes that maybe Tardus leadership adjusts this.... I've been reading about Tardus clients and even the CEO saying that the interest rate you get on your LOC doesn't matter but I believe that it does matter, only when the interest rate gets too high.

    I received the password protected videos I was instructed to watch after booking my consultation. Without saying too much, the video uses a 24% interest rate on LOC. That is too high and after "reverse engineering" the calculations. I will not make all my money back that was contributed. I will be short by a couple hundred dollars.

    I believe the interest rate needs to be at a reasonable percentage. But 24% utilized in that video example is not good. 


    And that's best case scenario. You're operating under the assumption that none of your P2P borrowers default or are late on their payments. BTW, how are these loans secured?

  • Metro NY + New Bedford · Member since 2022 · 294 posts · 216 votes
    3y

    What a fascinating back and forth this thread has been.

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 40 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Georgy Cherkassky:

    Not entirely, if your saving 1 grand a month for a downpayment on property; your first property will be in three years and then you will have to save for another 3 years to buy a second property, so on and so forth.

    With the income snowball your first property will be in three years, however you will be able to buy your second property in just 4-5 months after your first rental and 3rd property 4-5 months after the second rental, so on and so forth. In other words, you’ll be able to scale your rental portfolio much more rapidly using income snowball which would not be possible if you were “saving” for each downpayment. Your able to do this because of all the monthly passive income you will have coming in from the short term amortized investments. If you watch Tanisha podcast on RTR, she shows how this is possible with the income snowball calculator. 


     Not to mention over the course of those 3 years (or however long) your $1,000 a month hasn't just been sitting in a savings account losing value - it's been buying assets for you that create income, while still helping you accomplish your long term goal of buying real estate.

  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 61 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lindsie Akers:
    Quote from @Georgy Cherkassky:

    Not entirely, if your saving 1 grand a month for a downpayment on property; your first property will be in three years and then you will have to save for another 3 years to buy a second property, so on and so forth.

    With the income snowball your first property will be in three years, however you will be able to buy your second property in just 4-5 months after your first rental and 3rd property 4-5 months after the second rental, so on and so forth. In other words, you’ll be able to scale your rental portfolio much more rapidly using income snowball which would not be possible if you were “saving” for each downpayment. Your able to do this because of all the monthly passive income you will have coming in from the short term amortized investments. If you watch Tanisha podcast on RTR, she shows how this is possible with the income snowball calculator. 


     Not to mention over the course of those 3 years (or however long) your $1,000 a month hasn't just been sitting in a savings account losing value - it's been buying assets for you that create income, while still helping you accomplish your long term goal of buying real estate.


     Precisely! Your money is constantly moving and creating more money! It’s a fabulous system. 

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 40 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tony Kim:
    Quote from @Daniel Araque:

    I'm writing this in hopes that maybe Tardus leadership adjusts this.... I've been reading about Tardus clients and even the CEO saying that the interest rate you get on your LOC doesn't matter but I believe that it does matter, only when the interest rate gets too high.

    I received the password protected videos I was instructed to watch after booking my consultation. Without saying too much, the video uses a 24% interest rate on LOC. That is too high and after "reverse engineering" the calculations. I will not make all my money back that was contributed. I will be short by a couple hundred dollars.

    I believe the interest rate needs to be at a reasonable percentage. But 24% utilized in that video example is not good. 


    And that's best case scenario. You're operating under the assumption that none of your P2P borrowers default or are late on their payments. BTW, how are these loans secured?

    Certainly not the best case scenario. This is more like a worst-case scenario. Not a single one of the 1,000 currently active Tardus members are paying a 24% interest rate, or only receiving a 3% return. A more average representation would be 10% interest rate and earning 8%. This was a highly exaggerated example for illustration purposes. 

    Again, the Income Snowball is investment agnostic and Tardus has no affiliation with the investment product or platform the individual investors chooses to use. Members do not have to use peer-to-peer lending if they don't want to. And if they do decide to use it, of course, there is the risk of default. Every investment comes with risk and that's where the coaching comes in - to help you set your own investment criteria and choose a risk you're comfortable with.

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 40 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Daniel Araque:

    I'm writing this in hopes that maybe Tardus leadership adjusts this.... I've been reading about Tardus clients and even the CEO saying that the interest rate you get on your LOC doesn't matter but I believe that it does matter, only when the interest rate gets too high.

    I received the password protected videos I was instructed to watch after booking my consultation. Without saying too much, the video uses a 24% interest rate on LOC. That is too high and after "reverse engineering" the calculations. I will not make all my money back that was contributed. I will be short by a couple hundred dollars.

    I believe the interest rate needs to be at a reasonable percentage. But 24% utilized in that video example is not good. 


    Hi Daniel, I know what video you're referring to. This is a tool that some of our coaches use, showing an overly extreme example to prove how the Income Snowball still works, regardless of the interest rate. This example was a 24% interest rate on your line of credit and a 3% return on your investment and showed that at the end you've invested $9,000 of your own money, and received about $10,300 back from the investment (a $1,300 profit)

    In the video, he shows all of his math along the way so without seeing your "reverse engineering" I'm unsure how you didn't come to the same conclusion.

    Not to mention, as you saw in the video, you pay off the line of credit in 6 months and then get to reuse the same money again, using less of your own money this time for a higher return and applying a compounding effect.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2018 · 844 posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lindsie Akers:
    Quote from @Tony Kim:
    Quote from @Daniel Araque:

    I'm writing this in hopes that maybe Tardus leadership adjusts this.... I've been reading about Tardus clients and even the CEO saying that the interest rate you get on your LOC doesn't matter but I believe that it does matter, only when the interest rate gets too high.

    I received the password protected videos I was instructed to watch after booking my consultation. Without saying too much, the video uses a 24% interest rate on LOC. That is too high and after "reverse engineering" the calculations. I will not make all my money back that was contributed. I will be short by a couple hundred dollars.

    I believe the interest rate needs to be at a reasonable percentage. But 24% utilized in that video example is not good. 


    And that's best case scenario. You're operating under the assumption that none of your P2P borrowers default or are late on their payments. BTW, how are these loans secured?

    Certainly not the best case scenario. This is more like a worst-case scenario. Not a single one of the 1,000 currently active Tardus members are paying a 24% interest rate, or only receiving a 3% return. A more average representation would be 10% interest rate and earning 8%. This was a highly exaggerated example for illustration purposes. 

    Again, the Income Snowball is investment agnostic and Tardus has no affiliation with the investment product or platform the individual investors chooses to use. Members do not have to use peer-to-peer lending if they don't want to. And if they do decide to use it, of course, there is the risk of default. Every investment comes with risk and that's where the coaching comes in - to help you set your own investment criteria and choose a risk you're comfortable with.


    I was referring to the best case scenario where none of the P2P borrowers default. If none of them default, then I would certainly call that a best case scenario. And apparently, according to some of your VIP members, we shouldn't worry too much about the interest on our HELOC. Income Snowball is nothing new...there is no secret sauce. Just wait till the economy resets...that's when the proven strategies will remain.

  • Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lindsie Akers:

    Hi Daniel, I know what video you're referring to. This is a tool that some of our coaches use, showing an overly extreme example to prove how the Income Snowball still works, regardless of the interest rate. This example was a 24% interest rate on your line of credit and a 3% return on your investment and showed that at the end you've invested $9,000 of your own money, and received about $10,300 back from the investment (a $1,300 profit)

    In the video, he shows all of his math along the way so without seeing your "reverse engineering" I'm unsure how you didn't come to the same conclusion.

    Not to mention, as you saw in the video, you pay off the line of credit in 6 months and then get to reuse the same money again, using less of your own money this time for a higher return and applying a compounding effect.


     Hi Lindsie thanks for the insight. We can took offline about this since I don't want to give any more details from the password protected video out of respect to the company. I can show you how I'm viewing it. Thanks! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.