Offshore Self-Directed IRA LLC & UBIT - Real Estate & Trading

Offshore Self-Directed IRA LLC & UBIT - Real Estate & Trading

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi All, 

I'm looking at establishing an Offshore Self-Directed IRA LLC in Belize in order to invest into a variety of foreign properties.

Current mapped out process => Custodian => Offshore SDIRA LLC => UBIT Blocker Corp => Real Estate Investment 1 w/ non-recourse loan.

I'm feeling confident on the above. However, while I'm evaluating properties, I don't want to have my funds tied up so I'm trying to think of the best way to invest funds from my Offshore SDIRA LLC into a brokerage account in order to trade stocks without getting hit with UBIT. I know I can have my custodian request to transfer funds into a different Self-Directed IRA account (which won't trigger the UBIT), but I'm trying to eliminate that hassle for every time I want to move money between my "UBIT Blocker Corp" & "Brokerage Account".

Ideal scenario would be to have my Offshore SDIRA LLC to have a brokerage account (TD Ameritrade) that I can pull funds from when ever needed, while also not getting hit with UBIT.

Any help our guidance would be much appreciated,

Nathan 

0Reply
6 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.