any banks that will do a full appraisal on a HELOC vs driveby?

any banks that will do a full appraisal on a HELOC vs driveby?

Chesterland, OH · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Hello, I'm looking to get a HELOC and I believe there's not a ton of comps in the area and afraid they will only go off the last sale of the home which was 2 years ago. The house was completely redone so the value is a good bit higher than what I'm thinking the appraisal will be. I went down this path about a year ago and a couple banks said they'd only do drive bys unless I pay $400 or more for the full appraisal.

Is anyone aware of any banks that do a full appraisal as standard procedure, or that i can request one at no additional cost? I hate to spend the $ and then have it not come back where I need it anyways....

Thank you!

0Reply
7 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.