Southern California real estate attorney

Southern California real estate attorney

Investor 路 Member since 2021 路 204 posts 路 124 votes

Hi everyone,

Looking to JV on some investment properties, and need an operating agreement drafted. Does anyone have any recommendations on a beginner friendly attorney in the Orange County/Los Angeles, San Diego area?

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
75 views

Most Popular Reply

Long Beach, CA 路 Member since 2018 路 19 posts 路 8 votes
4y

Ah! Well, thanks for responding anyway @Brock Dowis

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Coupeville, WA 路 Member since 2016 路 93 posts 路 73 votes
    4y

    @Brock Dowis Hi Brock, I just sent you a message with a referral for someone In San Diego who I liked working with.

  • Investor 路 Member since 2021 路 204 posts 路 124 votes
    4y

    @Chris Wilson thank you so much I appreciate it!

  • Sam YinPro Member
    Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2021 路 584 posts 路 738 votes
    4y

    @Chris Wilson hi Chris. Would you be able to send the info my way as well. I'm looking to do the same I the SoCal area.

    Thank you in advance.

  • Investor 路 Member since 2021 路 204 posts 路 124 votes
    4y

    @Sam Yin hey Sam, what do you have going on? I鈥檓 new and would love to talk shop with someone in the area

  • Sam YinPro Member
    Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2021 路 584 posts 路 738 votes
    4y

    @Brock Dowis I have been exchanging my SFRs for multi-units. I just finished 3 this summer. Closed one yesterday. 3 SFRs to an 8plex, and two 10plexs. I still have a 2plex and a couple of 3plexes I may exchange soon. But at this point, I'm looking to possibly syndicate, JV/GP. I'm studying the details and hope to do it early 2022.

    I have enough net worth to possibly get into the 20-60 unit realm in CA. I would need to go OOS to get larger unit count. But the issue is capital. My cash flow is good, but the market is hor and the target is moving so I feel it might be a better play to partner up.

  • Investor 路 Member since 2021 路 204 posts 路 124 votes
    4y

    @Sam Yin that is awesome. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing!! Lemme know if you want to move those smaller multi family units 馃槣

  • Peter MckernanBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Agent 路 Irvine, CA 路 Member since 2013 路 2k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    4y

    Hey @Brock Dowis will send you over an attorney I use on all my LLCs/OAs etc...

    The McKernan Group4.957 Reviews
  • Investor 路 Los Angeles 路 Member since 2019 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    4y

    @Brock Dowis - how did your search for an attorney go?  I'm looking for an attorney(s) to help with entity creation, transactions, and fundraising.  Would love a referral if you found someone you liked.

  • Member since 2021 路 12 posts 路 1 vote
    4y
    Me too please. Need a CPA too.
  • Long Beach, CA 路 Member since 2018 路 19 posts 路 8 votes
    4y

    @Chris Wilson would you mind sending me your attorney recommendation as well? I am looking for someone qualified to handle transactions in Long Beach. @Brock Dowis how did your search go? did you find anyone that you would recommend?

  • Investor 路 Member since 2021 路 204 posts 路 124 votes
    4y

    @Mo Adeleye

    No one I ended up using I鈥檓 afraid. One person I spoke to was really pleasant but not practicing real estate law any longer. The other recommendation was..not pleasant. I鈥檓 sorry I couldn鈥檛 be more helpful!

  • Long Beach, CA 路 Member since 2018 路 19 posts 路 8 votes
    4y

    Ah! Well, thanks for responding anyway @Brock Dowis

  • Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 3 posts 路 0 votes
    3y

    Here in Encino, California area. 

    Have an attorney?

    Need to transfer my *condo out of my corporation that I never used, (has been suspended,) *back to my name. 

    All the best.

  • Accountant 路 Santa Barbara, CA 路 Member since 2016 路 213 posts 路 66 votes
    3y

    I know one in Santa Barbara and another in LA if you still want a referral.

  • Member since 2021 路 2 posts 路 0 votes
    3y

    @John Duston possible to send me the LA referral? 

  • Investor 路 Los Angeles 路 Member since 2022 路 107 posts 路 48 votes
    3y
    Quote from @John Duston:

    I know one in Santa Barbara and another in LA if you still want a referral.

    Hey John, I鈥檓 looking for one as well if you wouldn鈥檛 mind passing on that contact in LA?

    thanks!
  • Accountant 路 Santa Barbara, CA 路 Member since 2016 路 213 posts 路 66 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Travis Andres:
    Quote from @John Duston:

    I know one in Santa Barbara and another in LA if you still want a referral.

    Hey John, I鈥檓 looking for one as well if you wouldn鈥檛 mind passing on that contact in LA?

    thanks!

     Will send you a DM

  • Investor 路 NV and CA 路 Member since 2016 路 374 posts 路 227 votes
    3y

    @Joy Scher @Brock Dowis- If you're still looking for an attorney these are things my firm can assist with.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.