Any online lease AND rent/deposit sites?

Any online lease AND rent/deposit sites?

Member since 2011 · 798 posts · 216 votes

I've got a tenant screened who is moving here from afar.

I'm looking for a website that lets them sign the lease and pay online.

The other rent payment sites here only have rent payments, not lease signing.

(Yes, this is a real person fully verified, screened, and checked in every way.)

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 555 posts · 261 votes
12y

how bout the low tech way of scanning and email? They can sign and take a pic/scan and send it back.

Payment would be implied acceptance of terms.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2011 · 798 posts · 216 votes
    12y

    I should add... I'm looking for a site where tenants can fill out a lease in a web form then pay the deposit/rent right then and there.

    Is there a rent payment site that lets tenants sign leases online also?

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 555 posts · 261 votes
    12y

    how bout the low tech way of scanning and email? They can sign and take a pic/scan and send it back.

    Payment would be implied acceptance of terms.

  • Member since 2011 · 798 posts · 216 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by Mike Franco:
    how bout the low tech way of scanning and email? They can sign and take a pic/scan and send it back.
    Payment would be implied acceptance of terms.

    That's what I'm trying to avoid. Mailing the deposit would mean waiting a week to see if they really have mailed the check or not. They could sign and scan a lease to me and never pay or show up, and there wouldn't be much I could do about it.

    By mail they could say "oh, the check is coming" and keep me waiting a week saying they mailed it when they really decided they didn't want to rent it after all. Online lets me know instantly.

    I've tried online payment services and even Paypal, but I want something they can sign the lease online and it look more professional than Paypal payments. I suppose I could have them print and fax the lease to me then pay with Paypal, but that looks so amateur. I suppose it might be my only option though.

  • Real estate investor · Las Vegas · Member since 2013 · 798 posts · 171 votes
    12y

    You could have them do direct deposit or have them send the lease to you and you sign upon reciept of funds and send them a copy. There are a lot of things you could do, but I always like to meet w/ the tenant when the sign the lease, receive the money, do the walk through w/ pictures, and discuss everything to ensure we are on the same page about everything. The more you cover, the less chance there is something becomes a problem.

  • Real estate investor · Las Vegas · Member since 2013 · 798 posts · 171 votes
    12y

    You could also have them do a money order/cashier check to you and text you a pic of it before they send it.

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @jon K

    We have done 3 of our 5 turn overs were sight unseen move in. I have not found a site that works so we have coupled old-fashion with new "cheap" technology.

    1) They used navy fed and I an account with navy fed. So they did a member to member transfer.

    2) I had them overnight the check. I still took backup rental applications until the check was in my hand. For the overnight, they gave me the tracking number to prove that it was in the mail

    3) I had them transfer the money into my account.

    For the lease, i simply had them scan the lease to me. If that was not possible, than it was mailed.

    If you have any questions let me know. This hs become standard with our market (military).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.