First rental property... I am nervous!

First rental property... I am nervous!

Investor · Georgia - Loganville · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 21 votes

I have property in Conyers, Georgia that I would like to rent out but I am nervous and it has overwhelmed me a little bit. I appreciate some advice and recommendations for properties managers in or near the Conyers area.

6Reply
141 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
3y

Just know, these things have been stressfull and overwhelming because it's new to you. The more you see it the more you will be conditioned to handle it. Hiring a property manager is a good call 

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Georgia - Loganville · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 21 votes
    3y

    Thank you everyone for the advice and encouragement. I am going to do my homework and I will keep you updated on how it goes.

  • Developer · Houston TX · Member since 2018 · 423 posts · 400 votes
    3y

    @Demetrius Harrell

    It sounds like with your handy skills and connection you will be good at self-managing this property. You can hire a realtor to list the property and help find a quality tenant thus eliminating the fear. I saw some say to use Zillow with their application BUT I highly don't recommend it. So much fraud with people using other people's identities to get properties. I would hire a Realtor that will help explain the process and show you what they do. Look at Mysmartmove.com to help learn about running background/credit checks. 

    If an agent isn't willing to help then find a local investor/landlord that is doing it right and pay him a couple of bucks to walk you through how they run each application.

    Just like anything else, when you first do it you are scared. But after you do one you will be less scared. 

    Get property listed on Zillow or with an agent time is ticking and you are losing $400 per month lol.

    Best of luck

  • Property Manager · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 729 posts · 596 votes
    3y

    @Demetrius Harrell

    If at all possible, I would try to self manage for a single property. If you live nearby, it is a fairly simple job. After you manage it for a while, then think about pm. The experience of managing wi make the task of finding a pm much easier also.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.