Sewer Line behind property and larger retention pond.

Sewer Line behind property and larger retention pond.

Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes

I want to get the opinion from experienced realtors and landlords about buying a property that has the city sewer sanitation line behind the house. The buried sewer line is outside the perimeter of the house owned lot but close enough with in 500 feet and has visible manhole access at certain intervals. . The city reserves a 30' easement for the lines to travel on the back and from the back to the property to the front of the road where it must connect to the other sewer lines. There is also a large retention pond at about 1000 feet from the house. Beyond that there are trees and makes it look like a pretty forest view lot from the backyard.

Are there any cons to having such a situation for a property I am proposing to purchase?
- City sewer line and easement
- Larger water retention pond

Should I discount it just like we would for a railroad line or a busy highway behind the house?
Please advise. Thank you.

0Reply
25 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
    Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    @Solomon Borgawker welcome to BP! I am going to assume that you want to rent the property to a tenant. Railway line I think is the worst, busy highway is almost as bad. The sewer line and retention pond make no noise and are not close to the house. If there is no smell it should not bother a tenant. I don't see the need to discount.

    If you are selling get the advise from your realtor.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Solomon Borgawker:

    The only time it would be a problems is if the system fails. That could happen anywhere. What your describing sounds appealing to me, not detracting like a railroad or highway.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.