Votes |
Medium Term lease agreement

Ian Gilligan
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Dayton, OH
Posted Dec 9 2022, 13:37

Hey guys, 

Should a lease for a medium term rental be drastically different than it is for a standard long term lease? If someone has a medium term lease that you use, could you share? Thanks!   

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 9 2022, 17:59
Quote from @Ian Gilligan:

Hey guys, 

Should a lease for a medium term rental be drastically different than it is for a standard long term lease? If someone has a medium term lease that you use, could you share? Thanks!   

My current goal in life is to educate the masses that "medium-term" is a made-up name that does nothing to solve anyone's problems and only creates confusion. Your question is a great example.

Medium-term rentals are month-to-month rentals. They are typically furnished and include utilities, just like a short-term rental, but they are rented long-term (more than 30 days). They've existed forever and were always referred to as long-term or month-to-month rentals. Someone wanted to sell a book and make some YouTube videos, so they created a new term. Zoning still sees them as long-term. The law sees them as long-term. Use the same lease, follow the same laws, market on the same websites. 

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Will Fraser
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Replied Dec 13 2022, 07:23

But Naaaaaate . . . . I've never read a book touting the astronomical benefits of month-to-month leases . . . . 

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Masoud
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Dayton/Cincinnati/Columbus
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Dayton/Cincinnati/Columbus
Replied Jan 18 2023, 15:01

I have a contract I can send over to you. We have a management company that works exclusively with short-term and medium-term rentals property. Let me know.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathon Young
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 18 2023, 17:15
Quote from @Matthew Masoud:

I have a contract I can send over to you. We have a management company that works exclusively with short-term and medium-term rentals property. Let me know.

Hi Matthew, any chance you could send me that contract for the month to month property? Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Anthony McEvoy
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Champaign, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Champaign, IL
Replied Jan 25 2023, 18:37

@Matthew Masoud I'd like to see it, too. I'm curious if it is much different than my long term lease or has a few extras.

User Stats

Votes
Garland McMurray II
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Mar 29 2023, 17:50

@Matthew Masoud If you could ever so kindly send me over such a document I'd be greatly appreciative. Im also curious to see the difference. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
David Brus
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 5 2023, 18:29

@Matthew Masoud

would you be willing to send a copy of the lease document to me as well? Thank you! I would appreciate it very much!