Saint Joseph/Benton Harbor - Mid Term Rental Tenants

Saint Joseph/Benton Harbor - Mid Term Rental Tenants

Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello,

my name is Paul. Fairly new in the Saint Joseph/Benton Harbor, Michigan area. I am helping property manage a clients home there as a midterm rental. I noticed air bnb and VRBO haven’t getting much traction lately but Facebook and other platforms have. Where have you seen most traffic come from for leads? 

thanks,

Paul

0Reply
26 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • CO · Member since 2022 · 588 posts · 426 votes
    3y

    For me we are pretty heavy through Airbnb, I'd say 90%. But I am out in Denver so it could be different for you. 

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    3y

    You can also try FurnishedFinder

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Paul De Mesa:

    But it's actually a long-term rental. Anything rented more than 30 days is a long-term rental, even if it's furnished and includes utilities. You can advertise on short-term rental sites, but I recommend you advertise on long-term rental sites like apartments.com, Zillow, furnishedfinder, etc.

    You should still screen like a long-term rental. You should use a written lease. Take a security deposit. Follow standard long-term laws and practices.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Ben RhodinBusiness Member
    Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 338 posts · 331 votes
    3y

    Hey @Paul De Mesa! Personally Ive noticed that their are certain markets that gravitate towards different platforms. Here in Denver Airbnb is the majority. But in others, FurnishedFinder does the most bookings. You can also lean on facebook groups and others. It depends on what clientele are booking midterms in your area.

  • Caleb ReitsPro Member
    Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2020 · 125 posts · 50 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Paul De Mesa:

    Hello,

    my name is Paul. Fairly new in the Saint Joseph/Benton Harbor, Michigan area. I am helping property manage a clients home there as a midterm rental. I noticed air bnb and VRBO haven’t getting much traction lately but Facebook and other platforms have. Where have you seen most traffic come from for leads? 

    thanks,

    Paul


    Good luck on your STR endeavors Paul! My name is Caleb and I wanted to let you know I am selling a portfolio of properties in the Benton Harbor MI area, let me know if you still invest in the area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.