Tips on a open house showing for a rental

Tips on a open house showing for a rental

Rockford, IL · Member since 2012 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hello Everyone,

I am having a lot of responses to my listing for my rental house. I decided to do a open house like showing this weekend. I will have rental applications and answer questions. Should I have cookies and drinks lol! Any tips would be great!

0Reply
112 views

Most Popular Reply

Dawn AnastasiPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
12y

I would skip the cookies and drinks ... more than likely you'll just wind up with cookie crumbs on the floor and depending on if there are little kids there, potentially a spilled drink or two. (I guess I just don't trust little kids.)

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 384 posts · 109 votes
    12y

    @Johann Jells I hear you - I actually just had someone come at the wrong time last month, so it messed up my staggering.  Yeah if its 4th floor of a walkup you gotta go with what works best, no question.  Good luck filling it quickly.  Another reason I like having them call me back if they want it, even if its an hour later, is I can then finalize things with them by phone instead trying to have that conversation if others are right there.  I think there is no right or wrong on structuring how to show it, - you need to find what works best for you personally.  And what works best in your market:  I am able to just process one application at a time because I am fortunate that they are in nice areas, so the acceptance rate is very high.   If there was a high rejection rate I would definitely structure it differently.

  • Real Estate Investor · conyers, GA · Member since 2011 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    I like the tape measure suggestion. But I pretty much do everything suggested here. I'm thinking of shortening my block from 3hrs to 2.

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I like when the house is listed as "no basement",  yet people come in and ask to see the basement. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.