Is st louis a good place to start investing?

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Fresno, CA · Member since 2008 · 76 posts · 30 votes
2y

Not a great area to invest.  There are some rough areas in north county.  It’s seemingly attractive to new investors because of the potential cash flow, but the cash flow may not be worth the headaches.  Just my humble opinion.  Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Fresno, CA · Member since 2008 · 76 posts · 30 votes
    2y

    Not a great area to invest.  There are some rough areas in north county.  It’s seemingly attractive to new investors because of the potential cash flow, but the cash flow may not be worth the headaches.  Just my humble opinion.  Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 124 posts · 31 votes
    2y

    @Mathew Gervais I’ve been investigating in the St. Louis market for about 5 years now, I personally recommend staying away from north city if you are a beginner..

    I started in south city as a beginner and I’m still investing there and I’m currently scaling yearly :)

  • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Hardy Vibert:

    @Mathew Gervais I’ve been investigating in the St. Louis market for about 5 years now, I personally recommend staying away from north city if you are a beginner..

    I started in south city as a beginner and I’m still investing there and I’m currently scaling yearly :)


     okay thanks for your insight, I've heard that in some parts of south city its getting rough too. What is your average purchase price of a property? Im looking at properties under 85k so I can only invest in certain areas.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 124 posts · 31 votes
    2y

    @Mathew Gervais yes south city is pretty different block by block..

    current portfolio consist of only four Plexes average purchase price is about $163k , I always put 25% down

    Feel free to PM me

  • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    Thanks just pmd

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.