What is a "Not Rented for Profit" rental?

What is a "Not Rented for Profit" rental?

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes

I am renting a home to a friend of the family for far below rental market value. (Rent Zestimate®: $1,599 and I am collecting $600/month)

Can this be considered a "Not Rented for Profit" rental property/agreement?

If so, would this allow me to deduct rental expenses below the amount of your rental income?

Is there anything else that I would need to or want to know in managing this property?

0Reply
28 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kyle MccawBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    @Joel Corrales Consult your accountant.

    But to me you're overthinking this. This property is being rental at a loss. It will show up on your taxes that way.

    McCaw Property Management4.4907 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.