Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 217 posts · 170 votes
Hello BP!
I need your opinion on the flooring job in my latest acquisition. I pulled carpet and had a local contractor sand/refinish the original wood floors. He tells me this is the best he can get them to look. I can't decide if they are blotchy and ugly or if this will be the kind of irregularity to give the property character.
For context, this is a SFR rental in an older part of town. The house is about 75 years old.
Investor · Milford, CT · Member since 2012 · 592 posts · 285 votes
12y
Thanks, this is a house built in 1900. I don't think the floor was OAK but Maple or some other hardwood. We stained it to just hide some of the wear over the years. It does look 1000x better!!!