NC Laws on having month to month leave

NC Laws on having month to month leave

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes

I want to sell my property and the tenants are considered month to month. I don’t have a lease for them. 
What is the correct form to give them? 
As far as I understand I give them a 7 day notice and they get 30 days to leave after the 7 days. Am I understanding that correctly? 
Thank you! 

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ty CouttsBusiness Member
    Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2022 · 467 posts · 230 votes
    2y

    Hi Victoria,

    To sell your property and notify your month-to-month tenants, you should provide them with a written notice to vacate. Typically, you must give them at least a 30-day notice, depending on state laws. Ensure the notice includes the date by which they must vacate the property. There is no standard form, but the notice should clearly state your intent to terminate their tenancy and the move-out date. Verify your local landlord-tenant laws for specific requirements, as some areas might have different rules regarding notice periods. Hope this helps!

    Ty Coutts - Aslan Home Lending 544 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.