Landlordology.com is a great resource for lanlord/tenant laws.

Landlordology.com is a great resource for lanlord/tenant laws.

Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2012 · 462 posts · 200 votes

I am not affiliated with landlordology at all. 

 It is not extensive but is a great resource to have at your fingertips.  If it does not explain in detail the questions you have, it will point you to the proper statute.  

Pretty cool resource. 

I hope this is useful. 

3Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Multi-family Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 16 votes
12y

This is a nice collection. Thanks for sharing, @Brit Foshee ! 

Has anyone else seen similar resources that do state-by-state comparisons (e.g., compare NY to NV on late fees, when rent is due, notices, disclosures)?

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Multi-family Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 16 votes
    12y

    This is a nice collection. Thanks for sharing, @Brit Foshee ! 

    Has anyone else seen similar resources that do state-by-state comparisons (e.g., compare NY to NV on late fees, when rent is due, notices, disclosures)?

  • Julie MarquezPro Member
    Investor · Skagit County, WA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 807 votes
    10y

    I just wanted to echo that Landlordology.com is a great resource for state law and information. Much more exciting than the 1991 Washington State Landlord Tenant Law book that my dad gave me. I definitely recommend that people check out the website. I'm not affiliated with them, I just wanted to chime in and share.

  • Investor · Rapid City, SD · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    This is gold. My wife and I are in the process of converting our primary residence to a rental, and while we've held a rental property for a couple of years now, this will be our first crack at managing one ourselves. I was having difficulty finding the landlord-tenant laws in a digestible format, so thanks @Brit Foshee!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.