My family just bought this house and we are trying to find ways to improve its curb appeal so we can rent it out ASAP. We plan on living in one of the units and renting the other out.
Some things on our to do list:
repaint the house (asbestos siding)
what color? medium warm grey?
replace front doors with darker doors (fiberglass or wood)
do something with front steps
enough room to build front porch?
replace concrete with brick, PVC, wood, or granite?
reface concrete with slate?
plant some nice flowers in front of bay windows
landscaping/lawn: what to do?
build fence along property line on both driveways?
What other improvements would you recommend? Thanks in advance!
Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
12y
I think it looks very cute! I honestly don't put too much in the houses in the beginning because location and being neat and clean inside drives my rental.
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
12y
I wouldn't change too much to be honest. It doesn't really look that bad for a rental. Like Elizabeth said, I'd focus more on the inside than the outside.