Chicago First Time Landlord - Lease

Chicago First Time Landlord - Lease

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 5 votes

Hello!

I just closed on a 2 flat in Chicago (super excited!). Does anyone have a sample Lease that I can use or can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I live in unincorporated cook county - not sure if that makes a difference. It is a Chicago address still.

THANK YOU!

Marvin

0Reply
155 views

Most Popular Reply

Glen Ellyn, IL · Member since 2012 · 95 posts · 59 votes
11y

I buy my leases from American Legal 312-332-1922.  I use form 104, but there are several depending on which one you and your attorney prefer.  They are updated every year with the required info.  I also add supplemetal forms in addition to the Chicago Apartment Lease.   

Be very careful renting in Chicago.  Read the RLTO very carefully and MEMORIZE it, or you will get sued.  Also be very careful with security deposits, and consider a move-in fee in lieu of a security deposit.  

Be sure to review all pertinent laws.  There are tons, and it pays to do your homework before you start looking for tenants.  

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Frank, thanks for the clarification of the Chicago animal :) 

    Mark, did you have your lawyer draft your lease? Or do you have a link to the one you use?

  • Investor · Gatlinburg, TN · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    if you don't want the headaches, consider a management company. We put a condo with one last year as we moved out of state. They only charge 7% and the tenant deals only with them. I wish we would have done that when we lived there as well. Would have had so many fewer headaches. 

    So many dumb laws there that all favor the tenant. 

    Be careful and congratulations on the property. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Northbrook, IL · Member since 2014 · 63 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Is anyone else having trouble opening the links in this thread for the apartment lease pdf?

    I can not open it, it says file not found.

    thanks

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 5 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Lee Schram:

    Is anyone else having trouble opening the links in this thread for the apartment lease pdf?

    I can not open it, it says file not found.

    thanks

     Hi Lee,

    You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lba5nqwp97q3o03/CARLease...

    Marvin

  • Real Estate Investor · Northbrook, IL · Member since 2014 · 63 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    @Marvin Anaya

    thank you. linked worked

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 32 votes
    10y

    Can anyone provide the link for the 2016 apartment lease pdf? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.