Student Housing Rentals in the Philadelphia Area

Student Housing Rentals in the Philadelphia Area

Customer service · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes

Hi everyone I just wanted to shoot out my idea and see what people think about it. I have been thinking about buying my first rental property for a long time and want to focus on student rentals. I would like to occupy my properties with students who are in graduate school or more specifically some type of schooling that requires at least 3 years to obtain a degree. I figure this would omit the high turn over that comes with student rentals. I have about 11,000 saved up and am looking for a duplex/triplex or a single family home with 4+ rooms. Being that I to am a recent graduate I want to live with the renters as well. Does this sound like a good idea? Anything else I should think about?  Anyone in the area with student properties who doesn't mind sitting down with me ? Thanks for all the help. 

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 3 votes
10y

@Eddie Mateomake sure to get a sense of how the zoning might come into play.  An overlay zoning resolution was passed some years ago around several of the universities in Philadelphia regarding the number of unrelated adults who can occupy a house.  Landlords don't always keep to it, but something to be aware of.  I've had similar ideas for all those huge old houses around our area.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 213 posts · 57 votes
    10y

    @Eddie Mateomaybe look into communal living  built like a dorm...

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Eddie Mateomake sure to get a sense of how the zoning might come into play.  An overlay zoning resolution was passed some years ago around several of the universities in Philadelphia regarding the number of unrelated adults who can occupy a house.  Landlords don't always keep to it, but something to be aware of.  I've had similar ideas for all those huge old houses around our area.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @

    Jonathan

    Hey i just wanted to see if you find a lot of push back around st joe s w college rentals

    I saw a huge mansion for sale it seems prime for communal living.

    I wanted to go in and do it professionally even would set it up and cut st joe s in

    I can only think someone like you mentioned this and found community push back

    Is that so

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.