Right Price To Outsource Tenant Placement in Denver to a PM?

Right Price To Outsource Tenant Placement in Denver to a PM?

Property Manager · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 107 posts · 43 votes
You guys who own rentals in Denver - at what price point would you pay a Property Manager to vet a place a tenant rather than going to the trouble yourself? I'm referring to a placement only service - after lease is signed, management responsibilities revert to you. I'm seeing a lot of companies charging 50-100% of the first month's rent.
0Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Golden, CO · Member since 2014 · 136 posts · 65 votes
10y

I wouldn't be inclined to use the service until I have so many properties that I'm starting to outsource PM anyway.  Say, more than 10 properties and I expect that it would be worth my time.  Otherwise, giving up hundreds in the first months rent is not appealing to me.  just my two cents...

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Golden, CO · Member since 2014 · 136 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    I wouldn't be inclined to use the service until I have so many properties that I'm starting to outsource PM anyway.  Say, more than 10 properties and I expect that it would be worth my time.  Otherwise, giving up hundreds in the first months rent is not appealing to me.  just my two cents...

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    50-100% is typical. 

  • Bill S.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Tyler Howell tenant selection is the most critical component of residential rental properties. A bad tenant can really derail your investing program. Just curious why you want to outsource this? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.