Sears has a great appliance sale going on... I saved a bunch!

Sears has a great appliance sale going on... I saved a bunch!

Jon S.Pro Member
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 92 votes

Just a heads up that Sears is doing an awesome appliance sale. Last night I ordered my appliances for my triplex which is positioned to compete with luxury apartments nearby. One way I am doing that is by buying nicer appliances. I bought new stainless steel appliances for 3 units with features you would normally not find in a rental, but still spent less than I would have for lower end appliances from local discount appliance stores.  And these are all Sears Kenmore.

I ended up with:  

2 Stainless Steel side by side counter depth with water and ice dispenser fridges ($960 ea)

1 Stainless Steel side by side  with water and ice dispenser fridge ($720 ea) 

3 Stainless Steel glass top ovens with convection and self cleaning ($475 ea which included an additional 5% discount)

3 Stainless Steel w/SS Tub Dishwashers ($399 ea)

2 Stainless Steel Microwave ovens with sensor technology ($208 ea through Sears Commercial Account)

Total including taxes and free delivery $6,179.00 

Plus there is a rebate of $50 on each of the convection ovens, (limit 2) so 2 of the ovens are actually $425 each after the rebate, which brings my total to $6,079.00

Grab the sale if you need appliances, I think it is only for today and tomorrow. Also, its not hard to get an additional 5% off on some appliances and free delivery if you let them know you are buying for your properties.  You can also get the phone number to Sears Commercial sales, and they have even lower prices on some appliances, such as the microwaves I purchased at $208 each. 

2Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

William MorganPro Member
Fix & Flip or Hold · San Luis Obispo, CA · Member since 2012 · 136 posts · 63 votes
10y

I have two properties I need appliances for.

When you say "They rang it up for $___" is this happening automatically or do you have to apply some sort of coupon code or call the Commercial desk?  So far when I put the counter-top depth fridge (normally $1699) in the cart and check out online I am getting $1363 + 109 tax for a total of $1473.

Is there something I'm missing?

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 195 posts · 72 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the heads up.  

    Does Sears have a Credit Card that gets you an extra discount if you sign up for it like Home Depot does?  I ended up with 3 HD cards before they stopped letting me open up new accounts.  The Cashiers do not care if you already have an account as they get a bonus or credit for opening up new accounts. 

    Also, Sears Outlet stores sometimes have some one of a kind and out of box units marked down.  Do not be afraid to ask for more off as sometimes if they need floor space they will mark things down even more. 

  • Jon S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 92 votes
    10y

    @Robert Blanchard Sears does have a credit card, that gives you another 5% off your order, or better finance terms, your choice. I didn't have a sears card, and didn't want to apply for any new cards right now, because i am refinancing my triplex and don't want my fico score to drop. Otherwise, i would have put the whole purchase on a credit card. 

    This Sears retail store sale seems to be better than what I was able to find at Sears Outlet, but I do go there looking for deals. 

  • Jon S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 92 votes
    10y

    SS Convection Oven $425 (They gave me $25 off sale price in store, and I have a $50 rebate form) http://www.sears.com/kenmore-5.4-cu-ft-electric-ra...

    SS Side by Side Fridge: Normally $1349, on sale for $850, they rang it up for $720 http://www.sears.com/50023-25-cu-ft-side-by-side-r...

    SS Dishwasher Normally $829 on sale for $529 they rang it up for $399 http://www.sears.com/13223-24-built-in-dishwasher-...

    SS Counter Depth Side by Side Fridge Normally $1699, on sale for $1352, rang up for $960  http://www.sears.com/51783-21-cu-ft-counter-depth-...

    SS MicroWave With sensor technology $208 (from the Sears Commercial Sales dept) http://www.sears.com/kenmore-1.7-cu-ft-over-the-ra...

  • William MorganPro Member
    Fix & Flip or Hold · San Luis Obispo, CA · Member since 2012 · 136 posts · 63 votes
    10y

    I have two properties I need appliances for.

    When you say "They rang it up for $___" is this happening automatically or do you have to apply some sort of coupon code or call the Commercial desk?  So far when I put the counter-top depth fridge (normally $1699) in the cart and check out online I am getting $1363 + 109 tax for a total of $1473.

    Is there something I'm missing?

  • William MorganPro Member
    Fix & Flip or Hold · San Luis Obispo, CA · Member since 2012 · 136 posts · 63 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jon S.:

    See above post

  • Jon S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 92 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @William Morgan:

    I have two properties I need appliances for.

    When you say "They rang it up for $___" is this happening automatically or do you have to apply some sort of coupon code or call the Commercial desk?  So far when I put the counter-top depth fridge (normally $1699) in the cart and check out online I am getting $1363 + 109 tax for a total of $1473.

    Is there something I'm missing?

     If you want, you can call the Sears salesman that I deal with. PM me for his information. I imagine he could do the transactions for you, no matter where you are. He is getting additional discounts when he plugs it into the register, I'm not sure what his method is, but they have been treating me well, and the price has been below the online price. To answer your other question, no, I don't have any coupons, it's just the price the store was able to secure.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.