Possible drug dealing tenant

Possible drug dealing tenant

Homeowner · MA · Member since 2009 · 24 posts · 0 votes

I just purchased my very first home in March. It’s a two-family and I fixed up the downstairs and moved in this April. Upstairs tenant has been there for 4years with various sketchy roommates. He has refused to provide any names of tenants and to not smoke in the apartment. NO lease was in place. I know I should have evicted him, but was afraid that he would retaliate against me. I am a single woman living downstairs from a very aggressive, angry person. He may possible be dealing drugs as he seems to behave like he is a drug user and I have had people tell me he is dangerous and a dealer. He FEELS dangerous to me.

Unfortunately, he has already contacted the Board of Health for a variety of reasons, regardless of the fact that I am 100% willing to make any improvements immediately. He has yelled at me, yelled at my neighbors, he has threatened to be my enemy. Currently, I am afraid to live there. I stay with friends, live in my car and go there about once a week. Always lock myself in and have friends around if I want to do any work in the yard when I am there. I have served a Notice to Quit regardless of the retaliation law that protects those who call the Board of Health and served a NO Trespassing warrant out of fear. From the 6 different lawyers I have spoken to, it seems he may win and I don’t know what I will do. It seems CRAZY to me that my rights can be so trampled, and I cannot even enjoy my first home.

The comings and goings of the many young men, for 5-10 minutes a time has stopped. He goes in and out all day, which is why I stay away, his presence is HUGE. I was there last night and he left 6 times between the hours of 9pm and 11pm. His vehicle is VERY loud. Transfer others coming and going to HIM coming and going every half hour.

I have considered talking to him, but I am afraid and I believe he is unpredictable. His rent is way low and I am sure he will try to keep it, but I can only pray that he wants to maintain a low profile. The day I was there last week, he bagan to scream outside about me moving his trash bins and began to stomp up and down the stairs and through the apartment. I packed up and went to the police, who were afraid that a visit would make it worse for me- what is that all about. Why are people like him SO protected. What can I do??? I’m in Massachusetts with very tenant oriented judges. HELP.

BTW-I believe he sabotaged my sewer pipes to call the BOH the first time. Leaves had been stuffed down the pipes-they came up through my tub when the upstairs washing machine drained. Granted roots were an issue-but how did the leaves get in there? Luckily I had the situation remedied within 24 hours-he still called.
This is amongst many other issues this man has created and he has attempted to set me up to make illegal landlord proclamations, which I have not really fell for- I got educated real fast. He was really banking on intimidating me and my ignorance- I probably did make some mistakes early on.

I am looking for any advice to get this man to NOT want the drama, because my suspicion is he is trying to keep his record clean. Legal and smart tactical advice is what I need, because this is affecting my blood pressure, my work and state of mind.

0Reply
123 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
17y

Sorry for your situation. As Mike would say, this is a self inflicted wound. You should have made it clear from the moment you bought the place you were a strong landlord, and you were in control. You've let him take control. Surely you noticed what was going on when you were buying the property. Giving notice on the day you took possession would have been the best approach.

No lease means month to month tenancy. Find out the minimum notice required by law in your area and give him that notice the lease is being terminated.

If you're unable to do this yourself, hire a property manager. Make it clear the situation, and that completing the termination of this tenant is part of the deal. You don't need any reason to terminate the lease because there is no lease. No eviction is necessary, unless you terminate it and he refuses to leave. A PM is likely going to make you pay through the teeth to take care of this situation.

You say "I am looking for any advice to get this man to NOT want the drama". Not going to happen. You want to change his behavior. Its not going to change. You need him to go away. Yes, he's going to put up a fight, cause problems, and most likely wreck the place. Welcome to the wonderful world of landlording.

Find an apartment to live in and rent it.

Assuming this place makes sense as a rental (read in the rental property forum, "makes sense" means the expected rent is 2X the P&I payment), let your PM get tenants in both units.

If it doesn't make sense as a rental, sell it..

See this reply in the discussion

48 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    17y

    Sorry for your situation. As Mike would say, this is a self inflicted wound. You should have made it clear from the moment you bought the place you were a strong landlord, and you were in control. You've let him take control. Surely you noticed what was going on when you were buying the property. Giving notice on the day you took possession would have been the best approach.

    No lease means month to month tenancy. Find out the minimum notice required by law in your area and give him that notice the lease is being terminated.

    If you're unable to do this yourself, hire a property manager. Make it clear the situation, and that completing the termination of this tenant is part of the deal. You don't need any reason to terminate the lease because there is no lease. No eviction is necessary, unless you terminate it and he refuses to leave. A PM is likely going to make you pay through the teeth to take care of this situation.

    You say "I am looking for any advice to get this man to NOT want the drama". Not going to happen. You want to change his behavior. Its not going to change. You need him to go away. Yes, he's going to put up a fight, cause problems, and most likely wreck the place. Welcome to the wonderful world of landlording.

    Find an apartment to live in and rent it.

    Assuming this place makes sense as a rental (read in the rental property forum, "makes sense" means the expected rent is 2X the P&I payment), let your PM get tenants in both units.

    If it doesn't make sense as a rental, sell it..

  • Homeowner · MA · Member since 2009 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Hi Jon-

    Thanks for your reply though awfully fatalistic. My mortgage will not allow me to rent out the whole thing and secondly, he is a menace to the neighborhood, especially if he is dealing. Also, if I don't own it for 2 years, I will pay capital gains and I have a LOW interest rate, which would be dumb to lose. I have issued a 30 day within the requirements of the law. Also the BOH has knocked him down a peg or two because his complaints are mostly bogus. I know I will have to go to court and may have to pay through the nose, but if he is dealing and wants a clean record, would he risk all of this, given I am an owner occupier? I just want him to realize that I will fight for my property tooth and nail. Any suggestions on attempting to gain an upper hand and let him know I will go the limit within the law without directly telling him so? Thanks for your sympathy-but there must be another way than sell or rent.

  • Homeowner · MA · Member since 2009 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    PS. I realize I was ignorant going in and too trusting, too liberal to want to judge based on various factors. I curse my liberal ideology now.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    17y

    Serve notice his tenancy is being terminated. Sounds like you have. Follow through, regardless of what he does or says. Nothing good can come out of him staying.

    Find a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you. Discuss your situation and find one who will help you get rid of this guy.

    There's no need to do an eviction, or to try to get him out because he's dealing. I agree it appears he is. But you have no lease, so serve notice and tell him he's out. Do exactly what the lawyer tells you to do as far as the notice and procedures.

    Interest rates remain low. You can still get a low interest rate loan if you buy a place that will give you pleasure instead of pain.

    You only pay taxes on the gain, and with the costs of buying and selling, you probably won't have any unless you got a good deal. Just from the situation, I'm guessing your paid retail price for this place.

    Do you think he really cares you're the owner and trying to live downstairs? If anything, this works in his favor because he knows (now) he has you intimidated to the point where you're afraid to live in your own house.

    If your "mortgage will not allow me to rent out the whole thing" then this is a bad deal as a rental. I'd even saw its an awful rental because people often get told rentals "cash flow" when the speaker just means the rent is higher than the PITI payment. If the total rent doesn't even cover PITI, its a big loser. You're not getting to enjoy "your first home" because of the tenant issues.

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    I agree with everything Jon said, especially the part about giving him the proper legal notice and getting him out. My bet is that he won't voluntarily leave and you'll be forced to evict him. This could certainly take months, especially in a socialist state like MA!

    Next, you need to try to separate the hype from the facts. Go to the courthouse (or look online) and get a copy of his criminal record. Be sure to look at both misdemeanors and felonies. Is this person a convicted criminal? Does he have a history of violence? FIND OUT TODAY!

    Obviously, if he doesn't have a record, that doesn't necessarily mean that he's not dangerous, but it's a good indication.

    Now here's the part that a self-described "liberal" isn't going to like. Some people are absolute worthless SCUM and that could easily include this guy. He could be starting a career as a low-life, scumbag drug dealer and if that's the case, he'll be in and out of prison his entire life. He could kill you and that won't change his lifestyle - just end yours!

    The police are NOT in the business of protecting people. They are in the business of investigating crimes AFTER they occur. YOU are solely responsible for YOUR safety. If I were you, I would take this guy's threats seriously, especially if he has a history of violence. He has threatened you and intimidated you to the point that you are afraid to live in your own duplex. I would IMMEDIATELY go to the courthouse and get a restraining order. Then, I would go to the local police station and plead with the socialists for a permit to carry a handgun. MA is a "may issue" state, so they can refuse to allow you to defend yourself (gotta love socialism), but you can feel good knowing that they'll put the guy in jail after he injures or kills you. Anyway, I'd do whatever is necessary to ensure that you can defend yourself. If you can get a concealed carry permit, then go get some handgun training ASAP! Also, be sure to carry that gun with you (everywhere allowed by law). This guy could show up anywhere.

    If you haven't been following my blog (here on BiggerPockets), you might want to check it out. I am the witness in a pending felony arson/attempted murder case and am being stalked by the felon. He's been arrested over 200 times (several of those thanks to me) and was convicted of assaulting a police officer (broke the officer's leg). I have a restraining order against him and will testify against him on June 3 on a charge of violating the restraining order. I carry a large bore handgun and am fully perpared to defend myself.

    This kind of stuff is just part of the rental property business.

    Good Luck,

    Mike

  • Real Estate Investor · North Carolina · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 483 votes
    17y

    Apart from the other good advice offered here, I might suggest you undertake one additional effort:

    Analyze your investment numbers. Either consult a qualified accountant or read up on that subject elsewhere on this site and do it yourself.

    If you discover that you are losing money, or that you are not getting PAID ENOUGH to deal with problem tenants, then simply move on to a better investment.

    Your money certainly won't care, and you may discover that sleeping well through the night is a very satisfactory result.

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    ...and one more thing - this is why you NEVER want to live with your tenants. I would strongly suggest keeping your home separate from your business. Just about the last thing in this world I would want is to live with my tenants! YUK!

    Mike

  • Lender · Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2009 · 825 posts · 486 votes
    17y

    Sandra,

    You have to ask yourself what your peace of mind is worth. You have a tenant who is abusing your and your leniency to the point that you have to initiate legal action. You have vacated your own living quarters out of fear. Why are you putting up with this?

  • Select a State · Member since 2009 · 156 posts · 17 votes
    17y

    I'm sorry for your situation. This is what you get for being a liberal/socialist in a socialist state.

    Tell him you have a relative that needs the apartment. Tell him that your relative needs to move in asap. If he is willing to move out by June 1st, you will pay him 1 or 2 months rent cash money after he is out.

    If you are not comfortable with a hand gun, consider pepper spray or a tazer.

  • Homeowner · MA · Member since 2009 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Thanks everyone for your replies. I spoke with a lawyer today and am prepared to offer him 2 months rent to move by June 15th, which is the notice to quit due date. I will do this with a police officer. Will that freak him out?

    This guy is a Vet from Nam and I believe, based on what the police clerk told me, that he has been under the radar for a few years intentionally, but went off the deep end several years ago. She stated he was crazy. He DOES want to stay under the radar, I know this from previous conversations, when he was just testing out the waters and my liberal trusting stances-which he quickly decided to abuse. I believe he is trying to keep a clean record because he is dealing. I received a call today stating that he is VERY active with Meth currently and selling to teens from my home.

    I am issuing the Fire Marshall to do a spot inspection, I also expect to go to see him afterwards, with a cop, to offer him a deal to leave. Any smart drug dealing business man would cut there losses if they aim to stay under the radar. That is my hope.

    How can I get a restraining order when he lives upstairs from me? He has not threatened to do harm to me personally, but behaves aggressively and threatened to be my enemy.

    Also- I did a background check...$40 and nothing came up, though the police screen listed things when I went to see them. Do I just go to any court house and ask for a record, which won't be permissible in any housing court, ofcourse.

    I am thoroughly disgusted with the justice system.....justice my A**! I am changing my liberal ideologies, because if it means that the criminals, the entitled and the violent are protected, I don't need it. I would always support people who make efforts, work hard and still struggle, but NOT these dumb A** criminals.

    Yes- getting pepper spray and a tazer!

    The problem with selling. I have a 3.8% FIXED rate. I pay less than the rent I have paid in the last 10 years. It will be worth it eventually, I got a good deal-now I know why. I sure as Heck don't need a tenant, though it was a business I was considering and hoped it may work out, but with these crapola laws in place, why try for the passive income.

    Does anyone have a vote of confidence that my paying him to move may work and should I do with a cop or a lawyer? One thing is certain that things have changed around here just from me buying and fixing up the place, it will never be the same for him, having free run of the place, because the changes already have stifled him to some extent. It has to deter his ability to deal freely.

    PS- I WOULD taze or pepper spray him if he comes within 10 feet!

    Any comments.
    Thanks
    Sandra

  • Homeowner · MA · Member since 2009 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Should I go to the police with the info I have obtained about him? Apparently he is covered in scabs and actively dealing meth, pills and heroin from my home and has for the last several years. I am afraid to even go there, but I also want to be responsible to my community.

  • Real Estate Investor · Lakeview, NY · Member since 2009 · 309 posts · 49 votes
    17y

    Is your life worth 3.8%?

    Either evict him or sell the place. Again are capital gains taxes worth your life?

    Not to be insensitive, but I can't believe you've put up with this? Not being able to live in your own house? Money or what your might "lose" is NOT worth risking your life.

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Drug dealers are NOT smart - they're idiots and frequently act completely irrational.

    I don't know what that means. Did you get his criminal records or didn't you? The police could have certainly pulled them up for you and printed them out. In fact, the police record would be more complete than the court records because they will also have a list of "contacts" with the criminal - not just arrests and convictions. However you do it, you need to find out who this person is. Is he actually a danger or isn't he?

    Again, this puzzles me. You are so afraid of this person that you can't even live in your own house, and yet you say that he hasn't threatened you personally? He doesn't have to say that "I'm going to kill you" to have threatened you. If he has acted aggressively and has threatened to be your enemy - close enough. The felon that I have a restraining order against didn't say that he was going to kill me, but he would get close to me and say that he had a gun. I took that as a threat and it was good enough for a judge to issue a restraining order.

    If he's cooking meth in your house, you've got a BIG problem. Many of the chemicals they use to cook meth are very toxic and in the people's republic of MA, you might be required to spend thousands of dollars to clean it up. Even if you can do it yourself, it will be an expensive proposition. UGH!

    I think your chances are 50-50 if you're offering 2 months rent. Obviously, I wouldn't pay him anything until he's completely out and you have the key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you can get the police to go talk to him with you, that would be good (at least you'll be safe). Of course, that may also make him angry and he may retaliate later.

    And YOU WILL GO TO JAIL while he enjoys himself in your house! This is why you need a restraining order. You need to get it on the record that this guy is threatening you and that you believe he is a danger BEFORE SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS!

    Good Luck,

    Mike

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y
    This appears to be the least of your worries right now and besides, sinc eyou have not owned it long and the costs of buying and selling as Jon mentioned, any gains (if any) will be tiny.
    Originally posted by MikeOH:
    This kind of stuff is just part of the rental property business.
    While it may be for some, it certainly is not for me. I stay far clear of holding these types of properties and am glad to pay a PM to do the "dirty work" for me, regardless of the additional cost and this is the perfect example to answer this common question of newbies: Should I buy a multi unit and live in one of them so that I can get a owner occupied loan rather than a NOO loan and also be able to avoid paying cap gains sinc eit is a personal residence? The answer is - no it is not worth it in most cases unless you buy in an upper end area.

    FYI: The capital gains exemption for personal residences has or soon will change. (can't remember the change date right now) Check with your CPA on this issue for anyone interested.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    17y

    I didn't catch that. Do you really think its possible he's cooking meth upstairs? It makes some pretty distinctive odors, though I can't tell you want they are. It also tends to leave a brown "ring around the tub" on the walls near the ceiling. Have you actually looked inside his unit? Like Mike says, that's a very big deal. No idea what your laws are, but around here it requires a certified cleanup and a certification the property is clean. You really don't want to be living there if he's cooking meth. Some of the chemicals are very toxic and the risk of an explosion or fire is high.

  • Homeowner · MA · Member since 2009 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    I know, I am just trying to be optimistic.


    I did a background check online. I did not know I could go to the police station and get his criminal record, but I will do that now. I guess I paid for nothing.


    I have talked to the police 4 times and issued a no trespass warrant. Police did squat when he was yelling outside my house and intentionally stomping up the stairs and coninuously stomping over my bedroom, aggressively, just because I moved his garbage can- he is in his 50's and not the kind of yelling and stomping that you may blow off as a temper tantrum. They filled out a report stating that I was visibly shaken up over this tenant, but did not want to make it worse for me. I didn't know I could still file a restraining order, they have led me to believe that unless he says and I quote the cop,"I'm going to kick your ***, *****!" there is nothing I can do. Not one of the lawyers has made me feel as though there is anything I can do about his demeanor and hostility and have made it clear he will win because he called the BOH. It is just so ridiculous-but EVERYTHING is documented with dates and any notice I send him is certified mail. Still this will cost me thousands even IF I do win.
    Don't think he is cooking.


    This is what worries me, but also I want protection. Perhaps a lawyer?

    So, WHY would people tell me to get these items, let alone a gun, if I could not use them in self defense? And I have tried to inform the police, they just do not take me seriously. I DO want to know how dangerous he is, I have been following my gut on how he attempts to intimidate me, yells and his general demeanor and lifestyle and threats to be my enemy.

    Sandra

  • Homeowner · MA · Member since 2009 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Norm Chrostowski:
    Is your life worth 3.8%?

    Either evict him or sell the place. Again are capital gains taxes worth your life?

    Not to be insensitive, but I can't believe you've put up with this? Not being able to live in your own house? Money or what your might "lose" is NOT worth risking your life.


    I issued a Notice to Quit and a No Trespass on May 11th. The nature of tenant/landlord laws were scaring me. I had issued one a week earlier and then took it back in tears. I stay away until I can get him out because I value my life. I was just hoping to find a smart way to get him out because eviction takes months and the courts are too lenient with this kind of person, while my work and life falls apart. What will I do for the next few months as the eviction drags on, I'm a wreck. I could put the house on the market and I DO consider it, but he would still be here until I can sell.

    I bought in March, moved in on April 24th. Issued the Notice on May 11th after he had began to scare and intimidate me. I did act. I just should have done it the day I closed.
  • Real Estate Investor · Lakeview, NY · Member since 2009 · 309 posts · 49 votes
    17y

    I would stick with the eviction process til its over. I'm not sure it takes months though. Not familiar with " the peoples republic of MA"

    Why would you take it back in tears? You would have been a month into it already, and that much farther along? The minute you took it back, he knew he had you. Obviously yelling and trying to be intimidating REALLY pushes your buttons. I CERTAINLY don't want you getting hurt. Please don't take this the wrong way, but getting a backbone might help. It seems everytime he blinks you back down. Pardon my candor. If you tell him your going to do something, DO IT!! I hope I'm not out of line here.

    Someone has got to give you some real advice, I have to think a good lawyer can do that?

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Sandra,

    Here is my suggestion:

    1. Get a copy of this person's criminal record ASAP. Do whatever it takes, including going to the police department; going to the local courthouse, etc. If you e-mail or PM me his full name; date of birth, and city, I'll see if I can find it for you. It would also help if I had the name of your local courts i.e. "Boston Municipal Court" - whatever they're called.

    2. Come up with a plan and stick with it. If that is offering him money to move, then do that. If that is to give him notice that you are not renewing his lease, then do that and be ABSOLUTELY SURE that you are following your state/local law to the letter. Many of these notices must be done EXACTLY RIGHT and with the correct wording. Have an experienced lawyer or a SUCCESSFUL landlord help you.

    3. Call the police EVERY TIME the tenant threatens or menaces you. You need to establish a record of what's going on. You've already got one of his tantrums on record. Keep at it.

    4. If legal, get one of those mini-voice recorders and record any conversations/confrontations that you have with him. Also, record any tantrums/stomping/loud music, etc.



    I recommended getting a gun so that you can protect your life from this person who the police described as "crazy" and who you feel is dangerous. I also recommended getting training, which would include learning your state laws regarding the use of deadly force. With any type of weapon, there are laws regarding when and how you can use it. Tazering someone because they came within 10 feet of you isn't going to be legal. I'm 100% certain that the police would consider that assault and you would end up in jail. On the other hand, if this nut comes after you with a pipe, a knife, or pulls out a gun, then you better have some plan to defend yourself. I wouldn't want to have pepper spray if the guy pulled a knife or gun! Whether you want to be prepared to defend yourself or not is a personal choice. You've already discovered that the police can't and won't protect you.



    I really don't think a sale is a possibility with this freak in the house. How would you show it with him there?

    This is a bad situation and I feel bad for you. You are certainly getting the very worst of the rental property business on your very first deal. You just need to get past this situation and then things will certainly improve (they couldn't get much worse).

    Good Luck,

    Mike
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    I think Mike has made some very strong suggestions to you and you should consider moving on them immediately.
    Procrastinating will only bring more trouble.

  • Real Estate Agent · Circleville, OH · Member since 2008 · 633 posts · 488 votes
    17y

    Yes , mike has given you valuable information , heck he should bill you for it.

    Make sure there are records of what's going on , tape record if possible (It may be required you inform him that the call is being monitored, ect).

    I'd definately get a gun and most importantly learn how to use it, however living in a communist state, it may be hard/impossible no matter how much danger your life is in.

    Never the less, this all can be taken care of, if you follow the right steps (As listed by mike).

  • Homeowner · MA · Member since 2009 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Hi Mike-

    Thanks for the suggestions. I am moving forward. Cops told me last night that CORI info is sealed and I can not find out if this guy is dangerous.

    Sandra

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Hey Sandra,

    Any updates?

  • General Contractor · Midland, TX · Member since 2008 · 160 posts · 24 votes
    17y

    I hope Sandra is all right.

  • Homeowner · MA · Member since 2009 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Hi,

    I do have some updates. I go to court for the eviction soon, we'll see what happens. After talking several times to the cops and feeling like they suck, tenant seemed to move activity away from my house. Not sure HOW he knew I was going to the cops. Anyway have talked to the Narc. cop and he was supposed to be on it, but after 3 weeks had not even checked any license plates that I had given him. I stay at home a little but feel very restricted. I have been working on getting info about this guy a little more to help the cops, but they seem to need their backsides lit with a match. Rumor has it they suck and do little about the drug issues around here in this small town. The one narc cop goes undercover. It is such a joke because everybody knows him. I did find out that my tenant has been arrested many times, charged rarely, and there are no records of him being a vet. He apparently had a mobile lab and the cops pulled him over found stuff on the other guy and NEVER searched the van and found the lab. I got this info from a past user, told the cops and they confirmed that they did NOT search the van when they found the stuff. This is what I am talking about. Ridiculous!
    Interestingly, the Narc cop did ask me about odors, which I have not noticed and then said he KNOWS he is cooking somewhere. Cops have reassured me that his game is to mess with me and bully me, but that I should not worry about being hurt, that he is basically the biggest scumbag in town. In my book meth heads and dealers are unpredictable. I have little faith that they will do anything and my last convo with a lawyer made me put my house on the market. Like I said he seems to be at the house less as operations seem to have moved, which has definitely helped my anxiety. Anyway-one wonders how someone so well known and really disliked from what I can gather, can spend many years cooking and selling in a small town and NOT get caught. It is baffling. I just have a bad taste in my mouth from the whole thing including the cops and really want to get the hell out of the town too. I will sell if I can, and wish me luck in court.
    Sandra

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.