Displaced family from Gatlinburg Fires extra pet

Displaced family from Gatlinburg Fires extra pet

Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 11 votes

Hello, 

I am working with a temporary housing company to put a family in one of my higher end houses.  A father, 2 sons and a small pug dog.  I showed the house last night and the father asked about pets and adding a second dog.  It's going to be a "husky" puppy.  The house is a 550k house.  It has some hardwood floors and some good carpet.  I was ok with a small pug, but now, I am not sure.  

What I want to do is charge a 1000 dollar pet deposit for second dog and add 50 dollars to the rent.  I am ok with loosing this guy, but I don't think I will.  I am just worried about the house being torn to bits training a dog.  The security deposit is 3400 dollars.  

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Augusta, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Do they have the puppy now or do they want to add one?

    There is a reason puppies are so darn cute.  I had a couple that got one and it managed to eat the plug off a window air conditioner, the quarter round in the bedroom and my front porch swing,   Also tore up the shrubbery in the raised bed in the front because, of course, the dirt was nice to dig into during the hot summer months.

    Since then, no puppies!

    A father with 2 sons (and I'm going to assume the sons are not adults) has his hands full caring for his sons.   He might say he's going to crate the puppy during the day when he's at work but puppies need to be taken out more frequently than every 8 hours.

    If this was a second ADULT dog I might consider it.  A puppy....now way!   And I'm a animal lover myself.

    Gail

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    9y

    Suggest indoor dog boots for the Husky, as a pup it will get use to them much easier. I have a jumping Boxer, she wears shoes. The answer to chewing is chew toys, enough to keep them busy. Sounds like he can afford to pay for any damage, I wouldn't worry about it. I wasn't a helicopter landlord either and I didn't have such problems. :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.