Indianapolis, writ of possession moving companies?

Indianapolis, writ of possession moving companies?

Greenwood, IN · Member since 2013 · 346 posts · 93 votes

I am in the process of an eviction. This eviction may require a forced moved out by Sheriff.

My question revolves around, the Sheriff has said it is my responsibility to find a moving company to take the tenants item and put them in storage.

However, call's around to 5-6 moving companies in Indianapolis, results in "we don't do that anymore"

Does anybody know how to find a moving company in the area that still does this?

Thank you in advance!

0Reply
12 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 200 posts · 87 votes
    9y

    Usually the constable with the court has a company they work with.  Get it from them.

  • Greenwood, IN · Member since 2013 · 346 posts · 93 votes
    9y

    Thank you. However, this is in greenwood,johnson county. They don't recommend anyone from what i am told.

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    From my own personal experience your required to inventory property left, with sheriff your get a copy of inventory sheet and sheriff keeps copy, and if tenant is there they get copy, and you can leave it right where it's at. If I needed to move it I could move it to another secure area and let tenant know in advance that their property is off site at another location so with proper notice they can get it. I took photo's before I boxed or moved anything. YOU GO in and CHANGE the LOCKS while sheriff is there. 

    I was never forced to move their property offsite, If I had to get it out of the apartment I had people help me box and moved it into basement or garage or trailer I parked on site. I kept it the leght of time required and then disposed of according to court rules. 

  • Harvey LevinPro Member
    Property Manager · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2012 · 205 posts · 157 votes
    9y

    Hi in Indy I recommend Marsh. They are very familiar. Not sire of they go to Greenwood.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.