Best place to get a credit Check for a tenant

Best place to get a credit Check for a tenant

Member since 2009 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi I am a new renter. I am renting my house and have an application for a tenant. Any recommendation which online engine is the best for getting the credit check on my tenants. Any help will be great. Thanks. Also should I a get a basic check or get the premium one with all the bells and whistles. Any help will be great. Thanks.

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • OR · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 845 votes
    16y

    (looking somewhat puzzled), You mean you are a new landlord?

    You can not run a credit check unless you have a contract with a credit reporting company and have had a security inspection for your office.

    You might be able to find a service to run a report for you as long as you have the signed permission from your applicant. I used to have a mortgage broker that ran reports for me.

    There are services that you can pay to do your screening. They will not give you the credit report. They just tell you yes or no.

    I like to get the full credit report. I trust my own interpretation a lot more than I trust theirs.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    16y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.