Votes
Steven Taylor
  • Hampton, VA
Votes |
Under contract for two SFH beside one another with a pool in betw

Steven Taylor
  • Hampton, VA
Posted Apr 23 2017, 10:53

I am about to close on two SFHs in adjacent lots. There is a pool in between the two houses, that could be utilized by the residents of both SFHs. The pool actually cross the LOT line for one of the properties and runs onto the second homes property line, but I am having this adjusted to be soley on the larger of the two SFHs properties.

One house is 1800 SQ FT, and will rent out for $1000-1200, while the second home is much smaller at 700 SQ FT, and would rent out for $450-550 (the current tenants actually pay $600, but they are definitely paying above market price, they were somewhat duped by the previous owner).

I have two questions.

1. Should I allow tenants of both homes to utilize the pool, in the hopes of getting a little more rent from both properties, as well as spreading out the cost of maintenance on the Salt Water pool.

2. The second question is, is it possible to have one insurance policy to cover both properties, or does it need to be two separate policies, and would the pool liability need to be for both, or just the larger SFH where the pool is?

Also, this is in South Georgia.

Loading replies...