Landlord did not cash rent for April 2017

Landlord did not cash rent for April 2017

Oakland, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes

My landlord owns numerous properties and manages them herself. With that being said I think she may have forgot to cash rent for April. 

She cashed the rent for May this year but I have not heard from her about April's rent. Anyone have this happen before or have any input?

0Reply
8 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Temecula, CA · Member since 2014 · 992 posts · 782 votes
    9y

    She will probably figure it out when she does her taxes at the end of the year.   WHo knows maybe she never will, but most likely...

  • Investor · Normal, IL · Member since 2017 · 89 posts · 75 votes
    9y

    I would recommend calling the landlord and asking her

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    call her tell her its not cleared your bank yet...  She'd love to know,, I had bank issue where I thought checks I deposited were all accounted for ,, one  in the  batch of checks didn't it took awhile to figure it out.. 

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 351 posts · 141 votes
    9y

    Unfortunately, we are all human and sometimes checks get misplaced, or forgotten about. Definitely give her a call! Looking forward to this portion of our industry shifting more and more towards tech (i.e. Venmo from tenant to landlord). 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.