Getting rid of cigarette smell from your rental

Getting rid of cigarette smell from your rental

Woodland Hills, CA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello all-

I wanted to share this awesome product because that is what I try to do when I find something that works for me in my hectic life. I am a Pilot and I recently moved into a rental property until I decide where I want to purchase. The property is just exactly what I was looking for. I am not in town often, being a pilot, but my new place had this awful cigarette odor that every time I walked in, just hit me like a wall of stinky smoke. (I cannot stand cigarette smell) In any case, my landlord tried getting rid of the odor, which was always temporary and basically smelled like a "pretty smell" mixed with the cigarette smell. I came across this product online called Room Shocker by Biocide Systems. I researched it, it wasn't expensive plus most importantly read great review after review. So I bought a 4 pack (their site had a promo) and the odor is completely gone. No kidding! I highly recommend it if any of you have this problem in your rental units. They offered a money back guarantee and when I called to ask specific questions about the use of product, the phone rep was extremely helpful. I hope this helps someone reading my post because it's been a few months and still no smoke odor!!! Thank you and good luck-

0Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
9y
The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    9y
    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Woodland Hills, CA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Nathan-

    Why would you say I am fake? I am just a regular person sharing my experience . 

    I would appreciate you removing your mean and inappropriate cartoon, Mr. Know-It-All.

    Michelle-

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    9y

    At the time I posted that, you had no profile information, no previous posts, and the one post you made sounds an awful lot like an ad. Great product, money back guarantee, great customer service...

    But I didn't just accept my initial assumption. I also searched for you by name and location and couldn't find any pilots on Google or facebook. That's not evidence, but it matched my assumption your account was fake so I went with my gut.

    Sorry for the offense. BP won't allow me to delete the original post so the best I can do is offer a mea culpa.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Investor · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2017 · 169 posts · 119 votes
    9y

    You could try an ozone generator/bomb. They take like 6-10 hours for a 2000swft house and you should be out of the property, but they have worked wonders for me in the past, totally wiped out smells and odors. You can either buy a unit or larger areas have companies that will come provide the service for you. It's kind of like fumigating your whole house with ozone. 

  • Woodland Hills, CA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Well, thank you Nathan. Not that I need to explain, but I use the last name of my ex-husband on my profiles.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.