Lawn mowing costs for row-houses in Baltimore, MD?

Lawn mowing costs for row-houses in Baltimore, MD?

Investor · Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes

I own several properties in the Baltimore, MD area. Mostly small SFH or 2-unit row-houses. All the lawns (both front and back) are small and modest (i.e. no flower beds, or complicated plantings - just mediocre lawn to mow). I've been paying $35 per mow for bi-weekly service. This seems high, and has turned into quite the capital cost.

I am curious to know what others have been paying for simple lawn mowing, especially in the Baltimore area, but any information is welcome.  Also, if there are any landscapers out there who can offer their services at a better rate, I am all ears.

Thanks, 

Adam

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    9y

    I think we pay about 30-40 per mow. We don't do it that frequently.

  • Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
    9y

    I pay $40 per mow, get it twice a month. The guy wanted to do 3 a month :)))

    He wanted to make more money than I do :)))

  • Investor · Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the replies.  I followed up with contacting several local contractors from a listserve search.  I found that prices generally ranged from $25-$35 per mow (for a small sized front/back lawn).  Some were willing to mow tri-weekly during hot summer months.  So, there is room for improvement.  I will now try to renegotiate with my current contractor, and if that doesn't work out, I have new options.

    I am leery of publicly posting names and prices quoted over the phone, since assumptions and bargains were made verbally.  If anyone is interested, I could forward you what I found directly.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.