Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Dan K.
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Is it worth it to bring your Property Management in house?

Dan K.
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Jan 10 2018, 22:00

Two years ago I brought property management in house in my business.  I made this decision after I realized that property managers don't work for me. Instead, they work for themselves.  Sometimes our interests intersect but sometimes they don't.  Looking back this was one of the best decisions I made in real estate. Now I hire people who work directly for me and this has allowed me to save tremendous amounts of money.  Please note that I'm not saying I self manage. I still don't communicate with most of my tenants but I pay an employee (s) to do that. The difference now is that the employee works for me, is accountable only to me, and I have total control over my investments.  This is a very different scenario than what I previously had with a property manager 

I was curious if other people have made this leap, and what their experience was.  

Please not that I am in no weigh impugning the work of property managers.  My last property manager was someone I respected and we parted on good terms.   Property managers helped me get started in real estate and without them, I wouldn't be here today. 

Loading replies...