• Rental Property Investor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Furnace Broken or Bad Batteries - Maintenance Quick Tips & Tricks

Steven Gesis
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Miami, FL
Posted Jan 15 2018, 20:14

Every year it gets cold in NE Ohio - with many homes and apartment doors to manage these days, it is important to have a method of properly diagnosing maintenance request via phone without immediately sending someone to the site. I save $$$ big $$$ every year because my lead tech takes the time to try to walk the resident/tenant through the problem they are having and resolve via phone if possible.

My favorite hero call every time, is when it is 20 below and tenant calls with a furnace out issue, turns out it is simply the batteries in the thermostat, many people do not know that the thermostat in nearly all cases (except for a modern nest) are not direct connect/direct wire and are powered via battery. By simply walking the tenant through the issue (do you use anything on your display? ) saves big $$$ from having to send a tech unnecessarily complete an empty trip charge for some batteries. 

Think about other maintenance tips and tricks that can save big $$$ by spending a few extra minutes on the phone and listening to the issues. 

Loading replies...