Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 876 votes
I know about Rentometer, but what I want is the kind of trend data Zillow has for sales, like a 5 or 10 year graph. There's just too many variables in what makes a 2BR around here for Rentometer to be useful without history, can be a scuzzy 100 year old never renovated place with steam, or a brand new one with laundry, central air and parking.
Lender · PA · Member since 2016 · 214 posts · 140 votes
8y
Give this site a shot. HUD Fair Market Rents. Pretty self explanatory once you get in there, you have to click your state, then county. But once in, it breaks down the criteria of how they determined the FMR for this area. Pretty cool and it is definitely up to date because 2018 #'s are showing. When I used it last year, had 2017.
Thanks. I've seen that before and always thought it seemed a little off. It's also not neighborhood focused but gives a number for the whole city, and the whole city has a greater range of property values and rents. Zillow is more granular. But I'll take another look.