Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 1 vote
I am working with a property management company to rent out my home. These fees seem exorbitant to me. I have asked if they take a kickback and they said no.
$2,000 to make Ready Home (750 sq foot, 1 story home)
________________________________
$95.00 - Landscaping / Clean Out Flowerbeds
$150 - Exterior Painting
$150 - Landscaping / Tree Shrubs
$250 - Haul Off (Limbs, Tires, Furniture)
$225 - Full House Cleaning (One Story)
$495 - Wall and ceiling repairs/Paint Touch up the house from nail holes and scuff marks Seal the joints in the bathroom Walls, trim, and doors touch up Seal above the kitchen cabinets
This all seems excessively high to me... isnt this $15/hour work with a handyman?
Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
8y
I'm usually all over PM rip-offs, but these don't seem high at all. The $495 nail hole & touch-ups seems a little bit high, but I was surprised a couple others were low. Trash haul should be deducted from the security deposit. Maybe some cleaning, too.
If you're unhappy, spend the time and effort and do it yourself. Looks like only a few weekends worth of work.
BTW- you do not want $15 people spackling and painting. Trust me.
Real Estate Agent/Property Management · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 827 votes
8y
None of these prices seem excessively high to me. You say $2000, but the quotes you posted come to $1365. And that seems pretty reasonable.
I just had a vacancy which needed some make-ready repairs. The total cost was $1200. Now $685 was from damages that I could deduct from the previous tenant's security deposit.
Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
8y
I'm usually all over PM rip-offs, but these don't seem high at all. The $495 nail hole & touch-ups seems a little bit high, but I was surprised a couple others were low. Trash haul should be deducted from the security deposit. Maybe some cleaning, too.
If you're unhappy, spend the time and effort and do it yourself. Looks like only a few weekends worth of work.
BTW- you do not want $15 people spackling and painting. Trust me.
Real Estate Broker · St Petersburg · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y
Ashley,
These costs don’t seem too high. Remember that must PM companies hire licensed and insured people to do the job, but a handyman with no license or insurance that just came from the Day labor pool??!!!!! Most people we hire are professional and stand behind their work