I've been using Cozy.com for rent collection (11 office/retail suites and 15 residential units) but it's a little clunky and some tenants are challenged using it. Would love some recommendations for electronic rent collection systems that are easy on tenants and not too expensive.
Thanks
@Jordan Moorhead So, with all the mentions of Cozy.co I signed up for an account and added a few of my properties for trail run. It is a great platform and is really easy to use. I do however have to rate TenantCloud as a better platform than Cozy.co. TenantCloud does practically everything Cozy.co does, plus more. The graphical user interface for both look very similar...its almost like TenantCloud copied Cozy.co platform and added some additional features to it.
Some highlighted features of TenantCloud are:
The Financial Reports sections has a number of great reports that can be auto generated, such as:
There are some other pretty nice features to it that I'm not listing. Its FREE, so it doesn't hurt to sign up for an account and compare it to others such as Cozy.co. Like I said the interfaces are very similar so you won't have much of a learning curve moving from Cozy.co to TenantCloud. I personally also like the Dashboard of TenantCloud better...again more features. I hope this helps. Enjoy.
I pay the $9/mnth for up to 150 units and includes full e-signature lease agreements and templates as well for that. I have 20 properties and with total gross rent of about $28k/mnth. None of my tenants pay any transaction fees or anything and TenantCloud even coordinates the lease signing in their app. I also pay all my contractors with TennatCloud as well, which is an average of about $9k/month and there are no transaction fees for me or them either, so for $9/mnth you can really do a lot.
I did use the free version and integrated PayPal and stripe, but each charge almost 3%, so I switched quickly.
@Kathleen Hendricks , seems like you are interested in something like what Hemlane can offer you. I found it very easy to use and your tenants will appreciate paying rent from their mobile device. You can also check out Yardi or Appfolio.
Thanks!
Kathleen, seems like you are interested in something like what Hemlane can offer you. I found it very easy to use and your tenants will appreciate paying rent from their mobile device. You can also check out Yardi or Appfolio.
Thanks Ben Travis I’ll check it out! Brianna and Kevin you sent me the exact same message - suspicious to say the least.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Quickbooks Payments. If you use the online version for your accounting, you can automate the sending of rent invoices, tenants can pay right from the invoice, and automatically updates your records when they pay. They also just added an automated late fee feature as well. All free currently, but I think they may begin to charge once you hit a certain revenue threshold.
Downsides are similar to other ones that have been stuck in this thread. Money is in limbo for up to 10 days. A couple of our professional tenants have figured workarounds including delaying payment by entering an invalid bank account number or paying while having NSF. It can sometimes take up to a week for QBO to catch these.
Does anybody know of a reliable web based service that allows automatic re-occurring payments? I am interested in the payment part only.
@Jake DeBoer, online payments are included in the free basic plan. You can set up PayPal and Stripe to accept credit card payments.
TCPayments have no "transaction fees" but you need to pay $9/mo subscription. PayPal and Stripe have transaction fees:
So again, how is this free?
Jake, you can set up Stripe and pass the fee to tenants. That is how it's free.
Whoa! That's a big difference. The first thing 90% of my tenants asked when they signed up for Cozy was if it's free. I made sure i put that they had to use my portal as part of the lease, but i feel good about that since it's no extra charge for them if they link their bank account. Passing an extra $9/mo is a tough pill, IMO.
I just saw this thread and think there is a bit of confusion about the tenant cloud payment. The $9 fee is a monthly charge for the plan and not a per unit charge. For instance, I have 5 units so the $9 plan would cost me roughly $1.80/unit. And the more units you have the less per unit the service would cost.