Renting my primary in Wheat Ridge/Denver area unexpectedly

Renting my primary in Wheat Ridge/Denver area unexpectedly

Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 1 vote

My wife was recently accepted into grad school on the other side of the country. Looks like I'll be trying to rent out my place in Wheat Ridge, CO. We want to keep the property but plan on being gone for 3 years.

I'm a mortgage broker but I don't have any experience as a landlord. 

I know we can post on Craigslist, Facebook, Zillow, etc. I'd really like to know if anybody has other options that could make us more income than renting. The two options I'm interested in exploring:

1.) Short term rental. Does anybody know good full-service STR property managers in the Denver/Wheat Ridge Colorado area?

2.) Corporate rentals. I've heard this is an option to get a premium on rent, but I don't know much about how to market it.

0Reply
17 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 404 posts · 227 votes
    8y

    @Dominic Arnone For both scenarios, @James Carlson would probably be a good contact for you.

  • Bill S.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    @Dominic Arnone there are some folks that do STR rental property management in Denver. A few of those post here on Bigger Pockets. Use the search feature to find a few and then check them out.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    8y

    Do your research regarding short-term vs. long-term. With the dope laws and hot market in Denver, you may be able to make a good return with short-term rentals. This usually isn't the case because of the additional expenses (furnishings, utilities, TV/Internet, management fees, insurance, taxes, etc.) 

    Check out Meer & Company as a possible option. They are one of the most qualified property management companies in the country.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    https://www.jamescarlsonrealestate.com/airbnb-laws...

    LOL - James comes up as #2 in google - The info is behind his lead capture page I'm assuming.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.