Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Kathleen Steele
  • Investor
  • Moline, IL
Votes |
Need help ejecting family member without lease who hasn't paid a.

Kathleen Steele
  • Investor
  • Moline, IL
Posted May 27 2018, 18:24

Hi BP friends. I did the ultimate no no, my niece and her union plumber husband needs a place to stay in town, and I let them stay with me if he plumb my bathroom and does a little fixing up. Was specific in verbal firm, 1000 a month worth of plumbing. Well, it's been 4 months, they never ever mowed the grass. I couldn't even get him to install a smoke detector. This is not their primary residence, they're from Tennessee, my home is in Illinois. They needed a place to stay while he's up here doing scab work. They promised to pay the utilities, but not only are refusing to give me a dime, they are installing their own window units, broken washing machines, hanging enormous objects from my 100 year old plasterand running up enormous utility bills. They promised to cut the grass while I went to Florida last month, and when I returned it was 30 inches tall. I'm in serious fear for my property from stupidity. Can't believe I did this horrible blunder in my own home, would never do biz like this in a rental unit. Any ideas around the 30 days? I really fear more damage, utility bills, and theft. 

Loading replies...