I ask because a borrower of mine has spent 9 months trying to rent out a nice 3/2 I lent him money on located there. Only 8 years old, nice neighborhood. He's on his third pm, still not rented. It doesn't make any sense.
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
15y
Tom,
If you give me the address I can do some research on it for you. I have lived in Georgia all of my life and know it well.
Tom it sound like baloney to me.Are they certified property managers like with www.irem.org and do this full time or is this an agent trying to make coin on the side??
There is NO WAY after 9 months that it is not being rented.Professional property management companies have pre-screened lists of tenants ready to go in different per month rental brackets and areas.
I hope you are not being taken here. I wish I could partner with someone to do deal with.I am a broker I just need the cash partner to do deals.
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
15y
I was actually just talking to someone about 10 minutes about the Covington real estate market. I'm not familiar with it, but she was saying that it's actually a pretty decent market (for rehabs, at least), and given the location (not too far outside the city), I'd be surprised that a house that was priced correctly wouldn't be able to rent relatively quickly.
I'll ask around and see if anyone I know has more info about the rental market in that area...
As Joel mentioned, if you want to PM me the address, I'm happy to do some MLS research to see what it listed in the area for rent and try to get an idea of the going market rents...
Full-Time Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
15y
tom, i was at that house a few months ago if you rembmer..i can send picsi f anyone is interested..when i was there,the house was in rent ready condition minus ac/heat i believe...i called some for rent signs around the area...650/month is definltey doable--not sure why its not rented out, other than the fact that most property managers don't do a decent job bc they get more money just receiving applicatino fees than actually getting the 10% of rents