How to get eviction judgement on tenant’s credit? (PA)

How to get eviction judgement on tenant’s credit? (PA)

Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 1 vote
Howdy - I have a judgement against an evicted tenant from a magistrate. Since it happened at the magistrate level and not county it doesn’t automatically go on his/her credit. Any recommendations on how to report this to the credit bureaus?
0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Havre De Grace, MD · Member since 2017 · 71 posts · 54 votes
    8y

    @Joseph Cutrona

    Although I am a neighbor just over the Mason-Dixon, I am not familiar with the Commonwealth's systems. However, I did find this article on a Pittsburgh law firms site. About half way down it talks about needing to file the judgment in all the county courts where the person resides or owns property and the explaination of why it is beneficial. 

    https://www.pghfirm.com/blog/5-steps-how-to-collec...

    If you don't feel like jumping through all of the hoops, maybe you want to consider placing your judgment for sale for a discounted rate. 

    Good Luck!

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    8y

    You do not need a judgment to send someone to collections. I send people to collections all the time without taking them to court first. Contact your collection agency and I'm sure they'll explain the process.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.