Dirt cheap property in an untapped market

Dirt cheap property in an untapped market

Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes

There is a area that I noticed that has a lot of inventory. But know one is biting or buying. Is this something that I should be taking advantage of? Why or why not? Some things about me, I have never done the landlord thing before. I have some handyman skills that are average.  I figured whatever mistakes I make will be on a small scale. Instead of a first timer getting schooled by a bigger project any help and advice is welcomed.

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    8y
    @Derrick McCrary Only you can answer that question . Go to a local REI meeting ..Talk with other investors in your area and see what they think .
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Dennis M.:
    @Derrick McCrary

    Only you can answer that question . Go to a local REI meeting ..Talk with other investors in your area and see what they think .

     Keep in mind some properties are economically obsolete … along with functionally obsolete.. be careful.. in this day and age with the internet and this irrational exuberance to be landlords there are not many markets that are totally under the radar that are viable.. 

    I think small town PA is one that is pretty good in that realm I have been funding deals through out the central and eastern part of the state in what I would call under the radar.. and they seem to work.. but my vendors are highly experienced RE brokers so they know their stuff.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.