Please help! Evicting tenant with no lease as of June 2018!

Please help! Evicting tenant with no lease as of June 2018!

Cole Camp, MO · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 2 votes

I really need some advice here.  I have tenants that do not have a current lease.  I am trying to sell my property.  I had a cash buyer this week.  I had signed contact.and everything.  Then it all went down the drain when interested buyer looked at one of the rentals.  I had not been in it in years but been having major problems with them destroying outside property and rent for a year hence why I did not renew lease.  The buyer backed out soley on the horrendous condition of the rental.  They tore out all carpet, all cabinets are destroyed, the bathroom is sagging due to them letting toliet clog and over flow.  The bathroom covered in mold.  The bedroom is covered in clothes that are soaked in dog feces and urine.  The whole house is taken over by coach roaches and mice.  I've never seen such an infestation.  The wall literally move with roaches and i wish I was exaggerating.   The majority of the walls are punched out, dogs chewed through them and the mice.  Every inch of it is covered in roach and mice feces.  When you walk in the door you are unable to breathe do to the ammonia of urine and stinch.   My realtor and buyer were unable to stay in it more then 5 minutes. It burned their eyes.  They have 8 little dogs that I did not allow.  They've destroyed the fridge and stove.  Basically every single inch of the place is in horrinle condition.  It's  not even livable.  They are working on destroying the outside of my.property too.  So my question is, how can I get rid of them? I told them they need to leave after they made me loose 220,000.  I doubt they will unless forced though.  Isn't this a health violation? I wish i could post pictures.  I've never seen anything like this in my life.  How can anyone live this way? It's incredible.  Can i call the health department? If I do not get rid of them I'll never be able to sell the property.  Please help.

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Matt CrawfordPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Maryville, MO · Member since 2017 · 77 posts · 38 votes
8y
@Paige Roberts so sorry to hear about your inherited property. I’d follow the process of eviction in the article @Karl B. just posted. You can have them out within the month. Another thing to begin thinking about is what to do once you get the tenants out. Do you sell it for a discounted price OR do you Invest some money Into It... Where is your property located?
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    And this is why periodic landlord inspections are essential. 

    Since you're in Missouri, here's a link as to how to evict in that state: https://legalbeagle.com/8262728-evict-someone-missouri.html

  • Cole Camp, MO · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Karl B.:

    And this is why periodic landlord inspections are essential. 

    Since you're in Missouri, here's a link as to how to evict in that state: https://legalbeagle.com/8262728-evict-someone-missouri.html

     I just inheretited it.

  • Matt CrawfordPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Maryville, MO · Member since 2017 · 77 posts · 38 votes
    8y
    @Paige Roberts so sorry to hear about your inherited property. I’d follow the process of eviction in the article @Karl B. just posted. You can have them out within the month. Another thing to begin thinking about is what to do once you get the tenants out. Do you sell it for a discounted price OR do you Invest some money Into It... Where is your property located?
  • Attorney · Springfield, MO · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 22 votes
    8y

    Paige:

    I'm a real estate attorney in Branson. My personal advise is to find a local attorney near Cole Camp to represent you for a small or flat fee (if possible). Industry standard price in rural Missouri for this issue is probably $850.00. Have your attorney do two things simultaneously: (1) draft a letter to the tenant called "notice of termination and demand to vacate" and (2) file an unlawful detainer suit seeking possession and, if possible, damages. 

    Then, find contractors and get bids so that you can hit the ground running with remediation work after the tenants have vacated the property. 

    Good luck!

    John

    Disregard this solicitation if you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with the legal matter referred to in this solicitation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me (us). The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me (us) at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this solicitation is general and that your own situation may vary. This statement is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.

  • Real Estate Consultant · MO · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    I hate to hear that I am an investor in Cole Camp mo and would possibly 

  • Real Estate Consultant · MO · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    and have a lawyer that I can put you in touch with 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.