Looking to purchase HUBZU auction in Montgomery, AL. Any advise?

6 Replies

I'm looking to apply the BRRRR strategy in Alabama (Montgomery area). I'm bidding on some HUBZU properties and doing some research, but wanted to see if anyone has any first hand experience in this area. What are good neighborhoods? Are property values stable? How is the rental market? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Never had much luck with the Hubzu bidding.  The prices always go right up to retail.  For good neighborhoods focus on 36117.  But, there are good (and bad) pockets all over town.  Rental market is very strong with all of the state, federal, military jobs.  Property values are very stable.

@Greg Parker

I was the highest bidder on 

6286 ERIC LANE , Montgomery, AL 36116. I'm in the process of closing and will be heading to Bama at the end of the month. Closing is Oct 1 and there is no access until after the closing. I am lining up possible contractors, prop management, and touching bases with some realtors that I will meet once on the ground.

The area the property is in is not the greatest but the rental market looks very strong. I just need to be able to get my investment out to continue the strategy

That area is not too bad.  Should be able to get some good cash flow.  Let me know how I can help.  I have a great property manager and a list of good sub-contractors that I have used for years.

Originally posted by @Greg Parker :

That area is not too bad.  Should be able to get some good cash flow.  Let me know how I can help.  I have a great property manager and a list of good sub-contractors that I have used for years.

Thank you very much for the confirmation on the area. I look all over the neighborhood with Google maps, used neighborhoodscout.com, spoke to realtor and PM, and even called the police station. The PM I spoke does not manage in that area so your referrals are highly welcomed. The sub-contractor referrals would definitely be a godsend. I should be there end of the moth or first week of Nov, so if time permits we can do a face-to-face. Thanks again for your input

Originally posted by @Greg Parker :

Hi Greg,

I am ready for those referrals of contractors and property managers. Thank you very much in advance