Care to Share Your Lease Forms with BP? I can combine / post them for everyone

Care to Share Your Lease Forms with BP? I can combine / post them for everyone

Commercial Real Estate Lender / Syndicator · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 888 posts · 309 votes

Anyone interested in sharing your lease forms with BiggerPockets?

I'd be willing to combine / categorize all of the sections and post them on BP so everyone could benefit.

I am specifically interested in Texas leases so I'd start there first.

0Reply
7 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Carlos - Thanks for taking the lead on this . . . hopefully we can get a wide assortment of sample leads uploaded to the BiggerPockets FilePlace so our members can compare, contrast, get ideas, and so on.

  • Commercial Real Estate Lender / Syndicator · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 888 posts · 309 votes
    15y

    I offered to combine/categorize the sections within the lease contracts to make it easier compare, but if you prefer everyone just upload to fileplace that's less work for me.

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    NC, like other states, provide what Iwould call "standard" sample leases that are publicly available. I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but in NC the standard Residential Rental Contract is available from the NC Association of Realtors. Note that I am not a member, but they provide sample forms for the public to view.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Carlos - They can all upload there and you can organize all the links - might be the easiest way to do it.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    I'm happy to send you ours Carlos if you remind me via email.

  • Commercial Real Estate Lender / Syndicator · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 888 posts · 309 votes
    15y

    Josh - sounds good.

    Chris - We have similar Realtor contracts in Texas. Those contracts tend to fall short when it comes to protecting the landlord. An example can be found in my blog where I discuss one such issue in the standard Texas Guarantor form. I've only been on this board since August. In that short time, I have seen several situations where people say their lease was missing a critical clause or it could have been worded better. What I am really looking for is the rewrites and mods...the improvements to the standard forms.

    Bryan - Thanks, Bryan. I'll send you an email or you can just post on filepalce as Josh suggested.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.