Tampa Water bill says "Refuse Apartment Charge $69.82" ?

Tampa Water bill says "Refuse Apartment Charge $69.82" ?

Rental Property Investor · Odessa, FL · Member since 2017 · 145 posts · 113 votes

Good morning BiggerPockets team,

I'm looking to purchase a duplex in Tampa and I've asked the owner to see his three latest water bills so I can get a general idea how much water is going to run me as a monthly expense because the property doesn't have separate water meters for each unit. So the kind realtor that works with the seller sends me the bills and I see a charge of $69.82 each month for "Refuse Apartment Charge". I tried calling the city of Tampa to inquire yesterday and they were closed so I asked my buddies that are in the business and also Google and no one was able to give me an answer. I thought it would be a good idea to post this situation here so that next time somebody tries to google it he will have an answer. I will have an answer as well later today when I check with the city. 

If someone knows what it means please do post it here as a response.

Thanks!

0Reply
25 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    7y

    Refuse = garbage, trash, debris, waste, etc.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7247 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Odessa, FL · Member since 2017 · 145 posts · 113 votes
    7y

    Thanks, I can confirm that is also what the city of Tampa said :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.