Provide washer and dryer for tenants??

Most Popular Reply

Investor · SE, MI · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 461 votes
7y

For us, it is an excellent selling point.  I can charge $35-50/month extra for in unit laundry (I am still paying for water), and $25ish for units that have access to laundry.  I am not at all interested in tenants hauling their appliances in and out, so we provide everything but the microwave, and that is typical for this area.

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    As others have said, it depends on your market (and the accessibility of nearby laundromats). For my tenants, it's a definite selling point, and I am able to raise the rent accordingly.

  • Rental Property Investor · Indiana...mostly · Member since 2019 · 468 posts · 245 votes
    7y

    @Bob Woelfel Got it.  Thanks for taking the time to give me the background.

    (I think I like your market better than mine.  LOL) I agree with with everything you've said. 

    In case anyone is looking at new construction and sees this post, I put in a natural gas dryer connection (always when it is available) as well an an electric connection, when I'm doing new construction.  It's a tiny cost for new construction and this way the tenant can have a gas or electric dryer.

  • Rental Property Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Appreciate all of the feedback!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.