Credit report scores varying from different credit checks?

Credit report scores varying from different credit checks?

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 512 posts · 301 votes

Using Cozy for credit checks and this persons credit turned up lower then what qualifies.

However this person sent me screen shots with the credit checks being different from different reporting companies and that the credit check experian didn’t even show up on her report

This person has been very honest and easy to work with and I’m inclined to believe this person but I’m skeptical.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I thought credit checks didn’t vary that much and even the two reports that show up from her screen shots vary in their numbers.

Am I being given the run around or does this happen sometimes?

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y

@Jonathan Watt credit can vary depending on who you pull from. I use cozy as well, but dont have a minimum score, just for that reason. But, if you've set a score as a qualification, you need to be careful going away from your standards. There is more risk of a fair housing violation if you start making exceptions

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Jonathan Watt credit can vary depending on who you pull from. I use cozy as well, but dont have a minimum score, just for that reason. But, if you've set a score as a qualification, you need to be careful going away from your standards. There is more risk of a fair housing violation if you start making exceptions

  • Lender · Arlington, TX · Member since 2018 · 465 posts · 184 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jonathan W.:

    Using Cozy for credit checks and this persons credit turned up lower then what qualifies.

    However this person sent me screen shots with the credit checks being different from different reporting companies and that the credit check experian didn’t even show up on her report

    This person has been very honest and easy to work with and I’m inclined to believe this person but I’m skeptical.

    Anyone have any experience with this?

    I thought credit checks didn’t vary that much and even the two reports that show up from her screen shots vary in their numbers.

    Am I being given the run around or does this happen sometimes?

     The scores can also be different based on the purpose. A credit report pulled for a mortgage lender is different than one pulled for a car loan because the risk factors used to generate each of those reports are different.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    7y

    All three credit reporting agencies use different scoring criteria. It's completely normal to get three different scores.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.