Votes
Kim Masek
  • Crestview, FL
Votes |
Help me . Getting out of real estate, bad situation getting worse

Kim Masek
  • Crestview, FL
Posted Jun 14 2019, 16:04

So I tried dipping my toe into the real estate investing niche. My husband was never on board with any of it. I bought my 1st deal from an investor who bought my house several years ago. Two years ago I bought the investment property. My husband helped fix it up and we got a tenant with a 2 year lease. it is now 18 months into the lease. I am barely breaking even and my tenant has trashed brand new carpet and acquired 2 cats so the house reeks of cat urine. I have a cash buyer and will profit from selling. So I have given my tenant a 30 day notice of termination of tenancy. I offered to give her $500 in exchange for her keys. Here's where it gets icky.... she's a friend. So the new owners want the place vacant at closing. I notified the tenants, now she is very upset and googling tenant rights. I'm trying not to evict her, but she has trashed my place and I really want to get rid of it. Investors dream right? She has no place to go until Jan 1. What can I do short of evicting her? I don't want anymore damage to be done before she is out.

Loading replies...