How is the Birmingham market 2019 for cashflow

How is the Birmingham market 2019 for cashflow

Rental Property Investor · Greenville County SC / Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 403 posts · 120 votes

I’m In Douglasville ga , not too far from Birmingham al and I was curious about the market in that city. I see really low cost home purchase, so I assume the cash flow is there , and I was wanting to hear what the market was like , pro & cons if anyone had any experience in the area

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason CoryPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2018 · 264 posts · 381 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Robert Collins:

    I’m In Douglasville ga , not too far from Birmingham al and I was curious about the market in that city. I see really low cost home purchase, so I assume the cash flow is there , and I was wanting to hear what the market was like , pro & cons if anyone had any experience in the area

    The market is still strong & cash flow is good if you invest for cash flow not the 1% rule. I listed a 3 bedroom in 35211 last Thursday & had an $800 voucher in my hand by lunch on Friday. 

    I'm doing a full renovation on a house in 35208 & have a list of people to call that want it when it's finished. 

    Find the right area, right house, & it rents immediately. Don't buy just because it's a low price. I paid $8k for the house in 35211 when I bought it in 2016. I paid $1,500 for the 35208 house in 2018. Of course renovation adds to the cost but you can find good deals that rent fast & produce good cash flow above the $100-$200/month in the 1% markets that aren't renting. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Robert Collins:

    I’m In Douglasville ga , not too far from Birmingham al and I was curious about the market in that city. I see really low cost home purchase, so I assume the cash flow is there , and I was wanting to hear what the market was like , pro & cons if anyone had any experience in the area

     Some areas will cashflow great on paper, others not so much but are safer investments long term. This is more or less the same with any major metropolitan area that is looked at as being a "turnkey market". For more info on which neighborhoods fall into which category take a look at The Ultimate Guide to Grading Birmingham Alabama Neighborhoods.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.