Too many properties to be granted another insurance policy

Too many properties to be granted another insurance policy

Investor · Lafayette, CO · Member since 2016 · 88 posts · 17 votes

My insurance agent says I've reached the 5 property max to receive better pricing through their go-to carrier, Vermont Mutual, and will now have to bind with a more expense Massachusetts state-sponsored program. Any experience with this? Thank you, Paul

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Anthony GaydenPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
6y
Originally posted by @Paul Martin:

My insurance agent says I've reached the 5 property max to receive better pricing through their go-to carrier, Vermont Mutual, and will now have to bind with a more expense Massachusetts state-sponsored program. Any experience with this? Thank you, Paul

 When I purchased my 5th investment property I had to move from a personal to a commercial umbrella policy. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    @Paul Martin

    Call another one that seems silly

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
    6y

    @Paul Martin find another agent,,, 

  • Anthony GaydenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Paul Martin:

    My insurance agent says I've reached the 5 property max to receive better pricing through their go-to carrier, Vermont Mutual, and will now have to bind with a more expense Massachusetts state-sponsored program. Any experience with this? Thank you, Paul

     When I purchased my 5th investment property I had to move from a personal to a commercial umbrella policy. 

  • Tim DelaneyPro Member
    Buffalo, NY · Member since 2018 · 790 posts · 530 votes
    6y

    Every insurance company is different and has different specialties. If you are with a smaller company they may not want the exposure. Since you said broker he/she should be able to shop your business around and find you the deal that makes the most sense. My broker just shopped my commercial property policy and had quotes ranging tens of thousands of dollars from different insurers for comparable coverage.

  • Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Go to an insurance broker, and at the same, ask VT Mutual for a quote if you have a property in an LLC, which then requires a BOP instead of homeowner policy. (Business Owner Policy), they are always more expensive.

  • Developer · Montague, MA · Member since 2012 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    I  have Vermont Mutual and have about 15 properties with them.  My agent is Webber and Grinnel from Northampton Ma.  My agent is Peter Normand

  • Investor · Lafayette, CO · Member since 2016 · 88 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    Bob, Thanks for the info  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.