Oakland Rent Control Tenant Illegal subletting Eviction?

Oakland Rent Control Tenant Illegal subletting Eviction?

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi! I own a rent controlled Duplex In Oakland, and after a year I am finally in the process of moving into one of the units. During this moving prep process I’ve been by a lot and it appears my actual tenant must have relocated last summer without telling me and moved another group of people in. This group of people are loud, raucous, and have many other people over adding to the disturbance daily it seems.

According to the lease, (inherited from previous owner), my actual tenant was support be the only tenant, and is only allowed guests for 5 consecutive days. 


I realized something fishy was happening when one of the unknown people introduced herself as the house sitter, and mentioned the wall heater wasn’t working. I asked when was the last time she noticed it working...she said last September! So My tenant didn't contact me until February to say she had no heat? That makes no sense unless you’re doing something sketchy. 

What proof is needed to evict & does anyone have any lawyer recommendations for cases like this? Thanks in advance!

0Reply
30 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chad HalePro Member
    Property Manager / Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 779 posts · 301 votes
    6y

    Call these attorneys: https://toddrothbardlaw.com/

    Law Offices of Todd Rothbard  Google them for contact info.

    No affiliation, etc...

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.