Are two duplexes on separate tax lots eligible for FHA?

Are two duplexes on separate tax lots eligible for FHA?

Investor · Ashland, OR · Member since 2018 · 202 posts · 38 votes

There's a property being sold in my area, it is marketed as a "4-plex", sold by the same owner, but it says that there are two duplexes, on separate tax lots. Would this be eligible for FHA? I heard that the owner could possibly combine these into one deed and therefore make it eligible?

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Villa Rica, GA · Member since 2014 · 220 posts · 360 votes
    6y

    Yes that would work. As long as property doesn't go over 4 units you should be good to go. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

  • Investor · Ashland, OR · Member since 2018 · 202 posts · 38 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Byron Scott:

    Yes that would work. As long as property doesn't go over 4 units you should be good to go. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

    I read conflicting information about this. So FHA doesn't care that the two duplexes (marketed as a 4plex) are on two separate tax lots? I heard that FHA wants everything to be on one lot.

  • Rental Property Investor · Villa Rica, GA · Member since 2014 · 220 posts · 360 votes
    6y

    Yeah I was referring to the combining duplexes to be on one lot should work. Don't think they will let you do two lots. I'm not a pro though so ask your lender.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.