Do You Have employees for your landlording business?

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
6y

No employees, just my wife and I. We wear thrift store clothes with paint and caulk stains all over them. It's the appropriate attire for what we do. I've looked into getting some embroidered hats but don't want 50 of them.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    No employees, just my wife and I. We wear thrift store clothes with paint and caulk stains all over them. It's the appropriate attire for what we do. I've looked into getting some embroidered hats but don't want 50 of them.

  • Rental Property Investor · Lawrence, MA · Member since 2020 · 252 posts · 153 votes
    6y

    Me too! I also wear old clothes and I help my husband which he is the handy man and I am the handy woman! I do the painting around the house. Here is a picture of what we did with our bathroom. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    My wife is very handy in her own right. She does most of the painting, cleaning, lock installation, mini blind maintenance and replacement, caulking, cabinet hardware change outs, electrical wire pulling, fence post hole digging, etc. Just don't ask her to go more than 5' up a ladder. (that's about 2 feet too high for her liking) We do all property renovations from foundation work to roof repairs.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 876 votes
    6y

    LOL, my wife chides me that I look homeless half the time instead of a wealthy landlord! I say I want my tenants to feel sorry for me.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    6y

    I have a staff of eight. We do not wear uniforms and have a pretty casual dress code. No cleavage or tight skirts, no torn jeans, no hoodies, no tennis shoes. Pretty basic. I want my employees to be clean and presentable, but not fancy in a way that would intimidate our customers.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.